Old June 30th 06, 05:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Default Received My Redsun RP2100 Radio -and- It looks Great ! {FAQs ?}

GSW - What you forget how to spell 'plastic' ? ~ RHF
Old June 30th 06, 07:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dear RHF,

If you do get a link to a PDF download for the Operation Manual for
this radio (the RP2100, not the RP2000), could you post it here so we
can all get and evaluate it?

Thanks,

Joe

RHF wrote:
For One and All,

Received My Redsun RP2100 Radio -and- It looks Great !

Ten Things a new Redsun RP2100 Radio Owner Must Know :
Redsun RP2100 Radio FAQ {Frequency Asked Questions}

1. How To - Set the UTC and Local Clock Times ?

2. What Are - The Band Switch Positions ?

- - - AM-Wide AM-Narrow FM FM-AFC/Stereo

3. How To - Set the AM/MW Frequency Step 9kHz -or- 10 kHz ?

4. What Are - The AM and Shortwave Band Switch Postions ?

- - - AM SW-1 SW-2 SW-3

5. How To - Set the Memories -and- How To - Erase the Memories.

6. How To - Set the Alarm and Timers.

7. What Are - The Left-Side Switches and Inputs-Plugs

8. What Are - The Right-Side Switches

9. _________________________

10. _______________________

Wow ! - The Redsun RP2100 Radio has a Great Handle
sort of like the Handle on the Grundig Satellit 700 !
http://www.dxing.com/rx/sat650.htm

fyi - more daily updates to come ~ RHF
.
.
. .

Old June 30th 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I thought you weren't interested in it Joe? I could have posted it a while
back...

"Joe Analssandrini" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear RHF,

If you do get a link to a PDF download for the Operation Manual for
this radio (the RP2100, not the RP2000), could you post it here so we
can all get and evaluate it?

Thanks,

Joe

For One and All,

Old June 30th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Redsun RP2100 Radio PDF File {English} Owner's Manual

JA,

The eBay Seller "Liypn" sent me a PDF File of 'his' "Copy
Righted" Translation of the Redsun RP2100 Owner's Manual.
- - - He Cautions Against Posting It On The Net - - -

Redsun RP2100 = http://tinyurl.com/k8ael

About - "Liypn"
http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...e&userid=liypn
http://stores.ebay.com/V-COM-COLLECTIONS
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...rid=liypn&iid=
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...k&userid=liypn
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZliypn

FWIW - Removed the Batteries from the Radio and happen to
notice that the Clock Numbers were still showing and changing
with the time. This lasted for about 90 Minutes.

I will be posting the Ten FAQs for the Redsun RP2100 Radio
'here' on Rec.Radio.Shortwave One-per-Day as I read through
the Manual and Check-Out the Radio.

that's all for now ~ RHF

Old July 1st 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dear Jim,

Sorry Jim, I didn't make myself clear. I'm not interested in buying the
radio just now - I want to hear from other users about the construction
quality and consistency and I would like to read some full reviews.

But I am interested in finding out more about the radio and, if you can
post a link to the operation manual here, I would be thankful

It certainly does look interesting (and would be a much more
interesting if the company added a synchronous detection circuit).
Best,

Joe

Jim Hackett wrote:
I thought you weren't interested in it Joe? I could have posted it a while
back...

"Joe Analssandrini" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear RHF,

If you do get a link to a PDF download for the Operation Manual for
this radio (the RP2100, not the RP2000), could you post it here so we
can all get and evaluate it?

Thanks,

Joe

For One and All,

Old July 1st 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Jim Hackett wrote:
I thought you weren't interested in it Joe? I could have posted it a while
back...

"Joe Analssandrini" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear RHF,

If you do get a link to a PDF download for the Operation Manual for
this radio (the RP2100, not the RP2000), could you post it here so we
can all get and evaluate it?

Thanks,

Joe

For One and All,

It looks like the quality smacks of the cheap **** Grundig S350 !

Old July 1st 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 29 Jun 2006 15:49:40 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

For One and All,

[...]

What does your Redsun have your other radio(s) don't?

bob
k5qwg
Old July 1st 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default (OT) : GSW - Keep Shooting -Cause You Ain't Scored Yet !

GSW - "cheap **** Grundig S350"

You have used these words so many times that they appear
to be your name : Hence forth you shall be know as :
Cheap **** Grundig S350
- Not that's to long and the first two words really convey the
meaning "Cheap ****" { or Cheap Shot }.

GSW - Keep Shooting -Cause You Ain't Scored Yet ! ~ RHF
[ I see that you are staying away from the word 'plastic' :]

Utillity freq List; NORMAN TRIANTAFILOS Shortwave 3 May 14th 05 03:31 AM
203 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (27-NOV-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 December 1st 04 06:09 AM
shortwv John Lauritsen Shortwave 0 November 28th 04 08:19 PM
197 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (23-NOV-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 November 28th 04 02:46 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1415 ­ September 24, 2004 Radionews Policy 1 September 24th 04 07:12 PM