Old July 3rd 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default whats up?

Hello DxAce, RHF, Brian, Telemon, cuhulin, mike maghakian, and other
contributers!

Anyone hear any pirates or anything else worth tuning into today? All my
usual ham bands seem to be dead but it looks like 11m is open, so I would
assume 10m is as well, but I don't hear any hams - just beacons.

Happy 4th!

- Matt
Old July 3rd 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 14:06:38 -0500, Brian Hill wrote:

"Radio TexMex" wrote in message
news
[quoted text muted]

Hi Matt. It is the holiday so I'll bet the house that they'll be out in
full force. Solar condition are quite good too. I logged the following in
the last couple days:

Crystal Ship
Mac SW
WMPR
GZR
Radio PigMeat

Hey Brian. Nice web site by the way, musician/tech person here as well! I
just scanned through the 6.9xx area I didn't find anything right now. I
kept tuning and somehow landed on 9.385, which is Brother Stair. I'll
check back when I can. I'm still having power company noise problems and
have learned a few tricks that can make hamming possible (not enjoyable),
but I'm thinking about upgrading to either an R5000 or an Icom -
IC-706MKIIG so I can transmit. Either way, it looks like it would easier
to get a reciever with DSP than fight the local power mongols.

I'm really leaning to the IC-706MKIIG to get best of both HAM and SWL
worlds, since I really enjoy both and that seems to be an economical
solution.

I'll post the pirates(and anything else good) when I hear 'em!

- Matt

Old July 3rd 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Radio TexMex wrote:
Hello DxAce, RHF, Brian, Telemon, cuhulin, mike maghakian, and other
contributers!

Anyone hear any pirates or anything else worth tuning into today? All my
usual ham bands seem to be dead but it looks like 11m is open, so I would
assume 10m is as well, but I don't hear any hams - just beacons.

Happy 4th!

- Matt

You all make me vomit !

Old July 5th 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Brian Hill" wrote in :

"Radio TexMex" wrote in message
news
Hello DxAce, RHF, Brian, Telemon, cuhulin, mike maghakian, and other
contributers!

Anyone hear any pirates or anything else worth tuning into today? All
my usual ham bands seem to be dead but it looks like 11m is open, so I
would assume 10m is as well, but I don't hear any hams - just beacons.

Happy 4th!

- Matt

Hi Matt. It is the holiday so I'll bet the house that they'll be out in
full force. Solar condition are quite good too. I logged the following
in the last couple days:

Crystal Ship
Mac SW
WMPR
GZR
Radio PigMeat

Let's turn their asses into the FCC.

SC
Old July 5th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Slow Code wrote:
"Brian Hill" wrote in :

Let's turn their asses into the FCC.

comendable though mr stupid now you have any evedence for the FCC

SC