RadioBanter

-   -   Station on 4050 khz? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/98309-station-4050-khz.html)

Steve July 9th 06 04:22 AM

Station on 4050 khz?

The last couple of nights I've heard a very faint broadcast station on
4050, but I don't see anything listed for that frequency on the EIBI
schedule. Anyone happen to know what it is? I heard it at around 01:30
or so.

Steve

dxAce July 9th 06 04:36 AM

Station on 4050 khz?

Steve wrote:

The last couple of nights I've heard a very faint broadcast station on
4050, but I don't see anything listed for that frequency on the EIBI
schedule. Anyone happen to know what it is? I heard it at around 01:30
or so.

Nothing there now, but Radio Verdad out of Guatemala is up on 4052.3.

I have seen some stuff about Radio Bishkek out of Kyrgyzstan operating there
over the years. But also see a supposed current freq. of 4010.

?

Don't really know! If I get a chance I'll try to tune in tomorrow night.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Steve

dxAce July 9th 06 04:43 AM

Station on 4050 khz?

dxAce wrote:

Steve wrote:

The last couple of nights I've heard a very faint broadcast station on
4050, but I don't see anything listed for that frequency on the EIBI
schedule. Anyone happen to know what it is? I heard it at around 01:30
or so.

Nothing there now, but Radio Verdad out of Guatemala is up on 4052.3.

I have seen some stuff about Radio Bishkek out of Kyrgyzstan operating there
over the years. But also see a supposed current freq. of 4010.

4010 is in reference to Kyrgyz Radio in EiBi.

?

[email protected] July 9th 06 05:06 AM

Station on 4050 khz?

Where are you located? Here in south Florida I'm receiving Radio
Verdad, Guatamala, on 4052 every night, sometimes strong enough to
really enjoy, at times its just barely there. There's been nothing
else on any frequency even remotely close to RV. Unless you're using
an older receiver with limited readout you should be able to pin it
down to 4052 kHz.

Steve July 9th 06 05:15 AM

Station on 4050 khz?

dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:

Steve wrote:

The last couple of nights I've heard a very faint broadcast station on
4050, but I don't see anything listed for that frequency on the EIBI
schedule. Anyone happen to know what it is? I heard it at around 01:30
or so.

Nothing there now, but Radio Verdad out of Guatemala is up on 4052.3.

I have seen some stuff about Radio Bishkek out of Kyrgyzstan operating there
over the years. But also see a supposed current freq. of 4010.

4010 is in reference to Kyrgyz Radio in EiBi.

?

Don't really know! If I get a chance I'll try to tune in tomorrow night.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Steve

Thanks. I'll bet it was Radio Verdad. It was so faint I probably just
wasn't able to tune precisely.

Steve July 9th 06 05:19 AM

Station on 4050 khz?

Steve wrote:
The last couple of nights I've heard a very faint broadcast station on
4050, but I don't see anything listed for that frequency on the EIBI
schedule. Anyone happen to know what it is? I heard it at around 01:30
or so.

Steve

I'm in Brooklyn, NY. It may well have been Radio Verdad. It was so
faint I probably couldn't have traced it precisely to 4052. Maybe the
signal will be stronger tomorrow night.

Steve

[email protected] July 9th 06 05:26 AM

Station on 4050 khz?

Steve wrote:
The last couple of nights I've heard a very faint broadcast station on
4050, but I don't see anything listed for that frequency on the EIBI
schedule. Anyone happen to know what it is? I heard it at around 01:30
or so.

Steve

I'm in Brooklyn, NY. It may well have been Radio Verdad. It was so
faint I probably couldn't have traced it precisely to 4052. Maybe the
signal will be stronger tomorrow night.

Steve

Steve, a few weeks ago I received a QSL from them indicating a
transmission power of 800 watts. Quick reply, too. Very friendly
religious broadcaster that's well worth the effort to get a good
reception report to.

[email protected] July 9th 06 06:36 AM

Station on 4050 khz?

Huh girl,, put your duds back on.You are scareing me to death.
cuhulin

David July 9th 06 03:07 PM

Station on 4050 khz?

On 9 Jul 2006 06:33:19 -0700, "Steve" wrote:

David wrote:
On 8 Jul 2006 20:22:18 -0700, "Steve" wrote:

The last couple of nights I've heard a very faint broadcast station on
4050, but I don't see anything listed for that frequency on the EIBI
schedule. Anyone happen to know what it is? I heard it at around 01:30
or so.

Steve

3rd harmonic 1350?

wh..?

THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE:
DXING MEDIUM WAVE HARMONICS
By Don Moore
This article was originally published in The Journal of the North
American Shortwave Association.

If you've been reading NASWA very long, you've noticed by now that
shortwave broadcasters aren't the only broadcast stations using the
shortwave bands. On occasion loggings of mediumwave (AM) "harmonics"
creep in. But, although some mediumwave stations broadcast on
shortwave at times, usually when they do they don't even know it! And
that's just part of what makes DXing mediumwave harmonics such a
challenge.

WHAT ARE HARMONICS?
All radio transmitters naturally put out harmonics, which are
multiples of the fundamental frequency. For example, a station on 1400
kHz will transmit harmonics on 2800, 4200, 5600, etc. Twice the
fundamental frequency, e.g. 2800 khz, is called the second harmonic;
three times it, e.g. 4200 khz, is called the third harmonic, etc. The
first harmonic, or one times the fundamental frequency, is the
fundamental itself. Harmonics should not be confused with images,
which are generated internally in a receiver, and are usually received
plus or minus 910 kHz or 1000 kHz of a frequency, depending on the
receiver, or receiver mixing products that cause exceptionally strong
stations to appear where they don't belong. Harmonics are produced at
the transmitter, not the receiver.
Harmonics may seem like a free way for a small AM station to become an
international broadcaster, but AM stations don't want to intentionally
transmit harmonics, as any power that goes into a harmonic frequency
is not being used for their fundamental frequency, which means a less
powerful signal for their main audience. In addition, harmonic
transmissions are prohibited by law as these unintentional broadcasts
on higher frequencies may interfere with other stations which are
licensed to use those frequencies. To prevent these problems, station
engineers suppress harmonics below a maximum level allowed by the FCC
or their nation's equivalent agency, although enforcement may vary
(especially in Third World countries). But, not all stations have
competent technical help watching over the equipment, or even if they
do, mistakes can happen. Sometimes something gets maladjusted or
whatever and suddenly there is maybe fifty or a hundred watts going
into a harmonic instead of half a watt or a watt. Usually the problem
is so small that it won't be noticed until the engineer does a regular
check-up on the transmitter, or someone hears the harmonic and tells
the station about it. In the meantime, it's happy harmonic hunting for
DXers!

dxAce July 9th 06 07:35 PM

Station on 4050 khz?

David wrote:
[...]

I'm familiar with harmonics but I thought you might have a particular
station in mind.

A harmonic is certainly a possibility, lots of choices and it might not even be
from a USA station.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Telamon July 10th 06 06:38 AM

Station on 4050 khz?

In article .com,
"Steve" wrote:

dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:

Steve wrote:

The last couple of nights I've heard a very faint broadcast
station on 4050, but I don't see anything listed for that
frequency on the EIBI schedule. Anyone happen to know what it
is? I heard it at around 01:30 or so.

Nothing there now, but Radio Verdad out of Guatemala is up on
4052.3.

I have seen some stuff about Radio Bishkek out of Kyrgyzstan
operating there over the years. But also see a supposed current
freq. of 4010.

4010 is in reference to Kyrgyz Radio in EiBi.

?

Don't really know! If I get a chance I'll try to tune in tomorrow
night.

Thanks. I'll bet it was Radio Verdad. It was so faint I probably just
wasn't able to tune precisely.

I listened for them tonight and they were S3 on the peaks. My main
problem is static crashes prevent me from understanding them. Best
signal levels were in the 02:00 to 05:00 time frame then they faded out
or went off the air. Mostly heard them playing music and the programing
appeared to be religious. I really planed to listen 05:00 to 06:00 UTC
because according to Passport they were supposed to be english but the
static crashes from lightning would have prevented me from understanding
what was said anyway.

The signal was strong enough for me to zero beat at 4052.455 and my
radio is about 5 Hz high so 4052.450 KHz.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Steve July 10th 06 01:02 PM

Station on 4050 khz?

Telamon wrote:
In article .com,
"Steve" wrote:

dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:

Steve wrote:

[...]

Thanks Telamon. I didn't hear them at all last night, but I'll try to
hear them again at some point.

Steve

Slow Code July 10th 06 10:37 PM

Station on 4050 khz?

wrote in
:

Huh girl,, put your duds back on.You are scareing me to death.
cuhulin

Did you give her a spin on the spindle?

Sc

[email protected] July 11th 06 02:13 AM

Station on 4050 khz?

True, it is possibly a harmonic he's hearing, but it's probably R.
Verdad. There are some nights when it seems as though they use a
directional antenna and are beaming it north, it comes in that good
here, compared to other times. According to the director, they have
received reception reports from all over the world.

Interestingly enough, with the QSL they included an info sheet on
achieving better reception of R. Verdad, if you're in Guatamala!

They seem to ID on the half hour (I've always heard it then, anyway).
The program schedule I have lists the "Back To Jesus Broadcast" in
English on Saturdays at (local time) 5:10 to 5:25 am, 7:00 to 7:15 am,
6:00 to 6:15 pm and 10:15 to 10:30 pm. Also "Spiritual Songs" in
English Saturdays at 11:00 pm. I have no idea if Guatamala uses
Daylight Time, but its -6 hours from UTC Keep trying, you'll get them
eventually.

Hope this helps.

Steve July 14th 06 04:08 AM

Station on 4050 khz?

Steve wrote:
The last couple of nights I've heard a very faint broadcast station on
4050, but I don't see anything listed for that frequency on the EIBI
schedule. Anyone happen to know what it is? I heard it at around 01:30
or so.

Steve

I heard it again tonight and it is indeed Radio Verdad. It sounded best
on the humble Lowe HF-150.

Steve