Old July 9th 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Station on 4050 khz?

The last couple of nights I've heard a very faint broadcast station on
4050, but I don't see anything listed for that frequency on the EIBI
schedule. Anyone happen to know what it is? I heard it at around 01:30
or so.

Steve

Old July 9th 06, 04:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:

The last couple of nights I've heard a very faint broadcast station on
4050, but I don't see anything listed for that frequency on the EIBI
schedule. Anyone happen to know what it is? I heard it at around 01:30
or so.

Nothing there now, but Radio Verdad out of Guatemala is up on 4052.3.

I have seen some stuff about Radio Bishkek out of Kyrgyzstan operating there
over the years. But also see a supposed current freq. of 4010.

?

Don't really know! If I get a chance I'll try to tune in tomorrow night.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Steve

Old July 9th 06, 04:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Steve wrote:

The last couple of nights I've heard a very faint broadcast station on
4050, but I don't see anything listed for that frequency on the EIBI
schedule. Anyone happen to know what it is? I heard it at around 01:30
or so.

Nothing there now, but Radio Verdad out of Guatemala is up on 4052.3.

I have seen some stuff about Radio Bishkek out of Kyrgyzstan operating there
over the years. But also see a supposed current freq. of 4010.

4010 is in reference to Kyrgyz Radio in EiBi.

?

Old July 9th 06, 05:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Where are you located? Here in south Florida I'm receiving Radio
Verdad, Guatamala, on 4052 every night, sometimes strong enough to
really enjoy, at times its just barely there. There's been nothing
else on any frequency even remotely close to RV. Unless you're using
an older receiver with limited readout you should be able to pin it
down to 4052 kHz.

Old July 9th 06, 05:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:

Steve wrote:

The last couple of nights I've heard a very faint broadcast station on
4050, but I don't see anything listed for that frequency on the EIBI
schedule. Anyone happen to know what it is? I heard it at around 01:30
or so.

Nothing there now, but Radio Verdad out of Guatemala is up on 4052.3.

I have seen some stuff about Radio Bishkek out of Kyrgyzstan operating there
over the years. But also see a supposed current freq. of 4010.

4010 is in reference to Kyrgyz Radio in EiBi.

?

Don't really know! If I get a chance I'll try to tune in tomorrow night.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Steve

Thanks. I'll bet it was Radio Verdad. It was so faint I probably just
wasn't able to tune precisely.

Old July 9th 06, 06:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Huh girl,, put your duds back on.You are scareing me to death.
cuhulin