RadioBanter

-   -   Are FA's an automatic flame magnet? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/98466-fas-automatic-flame-magnet.html)

Avery W3AVE July 10th 06 08:15 PM

Are FA's an automatic flame magnet?

I'd like to post one, because the item would be of interest to some in
this NG and doesn't come around that often, but I'd rather not get
caught between the gears of strong opinions on both sides. If the
charter discourages such posts, then I won't do it.

Guidance, please.

Avery W3AVE

Telamon July 10th 06 08:36 PM

Are FA's an automatic flame magnet?

In article .com,
"Avery W3AVE" wrote:

I'd like to post one, because the item would be of interest to some in
this NG and doesn't come around that often, but I'd rather not get
caught between the gears of strong opinions on both sides. If the
charter discourages such posts, then I won't do it.

I don't see a problem, as part of the hobby, with a short post (link) to
sell a SW or medium wave radio.

If you are dealing in radios as a business or do it on a regular basis I
could see people complaining. You do not want to use the news group for
commercial reasons or do it often because that will annoy people.

Some people don't like to see any posts FA or FS so use FA: or FS: at
the beginning of the subject line so people can filter them out.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

[email protected] July 10th 06 08:36 PM

Avery W3AVE wrote:
I'd like to post one, because the item would be of interest to some in
this NG and doesn't come around that often, but I'd rather not get
caught between the gears of strong opinions on both sides. If the
charter discourages such posts, then I won't do it.

Guidance, please.

any post is automatic in the NGs these days FA opinion piecs equipment
reeviews nanything I know of no charter that forbid ot topic equiment

Avery W3AVE

dxAce July 10th 06 08:43 PM

" wrote:

Avery W3AVE wrote:
I'd like to post one, because the item would be of interest to some in
this NG and doesn't come around that often, but I'd rather not get
caught between the gears of strong opinions on both sides. If the
charter discourages such posts, then I won't do it.

Guidance, please.

any post is automatic in the NGs these days FA opinion piecs equipment
reeviews nanything I know of no charter that forbid ot topic equiment

Translation: go ahead and post it.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Oink OinK Oink July 11th 06 01:48 AM

Are FA's an automatic flame magnet?

"Avery W3AVE" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'd like to post one, because the item would be of interest to some in
this NG and doesn't come around that often, but I'd rather not get
caught between the gears of strong opinions on both sides. If the
charter discourages such posts, then I won't do it.

Guidance, please.

Avery W3AVE

Post FA's here---- REC.RADIO.AMATEUR.SWAP
(Best place and most exposure)

John S. July 11th 06 02:07 AM

wrote:
Avery W3AVE wrote:
I'd like to post one, because the item would be of interest to some in
this NG and doesn't come around that often, but I'd rather not get
caught between the gears of strong opinions on both sides. If the
charter discourages such posts, then I won't do it.

Guidance, please.

any post is automatic in the NGs these days FA opinion piecs equipment
reeviews nanything I know of no charter that forbid ot topic equiment

Avery W3AVE

you spel gud and puncshaute even bester.,

[email protected] July 11th 06 07:08 AM

Avery W3AVE wrote:
I'd like to post one, because the item would be of interest to some in
this NG and doesn't come around that often, but I'd rather not get
caught between the gears of strong opinions on both sides. If the
charter discourages such posts, then I won't do it.

Guidance, please.

Avery W3AVE

I think one post is fine.

Avery W3AVE July 12th 06 12:59 AM

Are FA's an automatic flame magnet?

RHF wrote:
Oh No !
Please -NO- Anti-Radio-Mart FA/FS Posts !
~ RHF

??