Old July 10th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Are FA's an automatic flame magnet?

I'd like to post one, because the item would be of interest to some in
this NG and doesn't come around that often, but I'd rather not get
caught between the gears of strong opinions on both sides. If the
charter discourages such posts, then I won't do it.

Guidance, please.

Avery W3AVE

Old July 10th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article .com,
"Avery W3AVE" wrote:

I'd like to post one, because the item would be of interest to some in
this NG and doesn't come around that often, but I'd rather not get
caught between the gears of strong opinions on both sides. If the
charter discourages such posts, then I won't do it.

I don't see a problem, as part of the hobby, with a short post (link) to
sell a SW or medium wave radio.

If you are dealing in radios as a business or do it on a regular basis I
could see people complaining. You do not want to use the news group for
commercial reasons or do it often because that will annoy people.

Some people don't like to see any posts FA or FS so use FA: or FS: at
the beginning of the subject line so people can filter them out.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 10th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Avery W3AVE wrote:
I'd like to post one, because the item would be of interest to some in
this NG and doesn't come around that often, but I'd rather not get
caught between the gears of strong opinions on both sides. If the
charter discourages such posts, then I won't do it.

Guidance, please.

any post is automatic in the NGs these days FA opinion piecs equipment
reeviews nanything I know of no charter that forbid ot topic equiment

Avery W3AVE

Old July 10th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

" wrote:

Avery W3AVE wrote:
I'd like to post one, because the item would be of interest to some in
this NG and doesn't come around that often, but I'd rather not get
caught between the gears of strong opinions on both sides. If the
charter discourages such posts, then I won't do it.

Guidance, please.

any post is automatic in the NGs these days FA opinion piecs equipment
reeviews nanything I know of no charter that forbid ot topic equiment

Translation: go ahead and post it.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 11th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Avery W3AVE" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'd like to post one, because the item would be of interest to some in
this NG and doesn't come around that often, but I'd rather not get
caught between the gears of strong opinions on both sides. If the
charter discourages such posts, then I won't do it.

Guidance, please.

Avery W3AVE

Post FA's here---- REC.RADIO.AMATEUR.SWAP
(Best place and most exposure)

Old July 11th 06, 07:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Avery W3AVE wrote:
I'd like to post one, because the item would be of interest to some in
this NG and doesn't come around that often, but I'd rather not get
caught between the gears of strong opinions on both sides. If the
charter discourages such posts, then I won't do it.

Guidance, please.

Avery W3AVE

I think one post is fine.

Old July 12th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:
Oh No !
Please -NO- Anti-Radio-Mart FA/FS Posts !
~ RHF

??