Old July 26th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default IBOC Crap News

David Eduardo wrote:
"Michael Lawson" wrote in message

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
.com...

"Michael Lawson" wrote in message
.

I'm still waiting on that one happening. There are still
plenty of people out there who haven't bought their
new digital TV yet, technological improvement or not.

No Congressman wants to be seen as blowing off a
big constituency like the elderly on a fixed income
who can't afford the new sets; Congress will keep
extending the deadline until enough old televisions
have died off to make it practical.

Aside from that, the way other prices have been rising
lately I don't think that people will be putting a digital
converter or a digital television at the top of their "to
purchase" list anytime soon.

They have developed a plan to provide digital cable converters to

anyone for
free. Makes old sets totally usable via downconversion of digital to

analog.

That'll be interesting, but they have to fund it and
advertise it first. I can't see the big box stores being
too thrilled about it, either, since it means that the
people who might consider upgrading their television
now will wait for the freebie.

It is federally funded. The government needs the revenue from the vacated
spectrum.

Yes, but you're still BUSTED.

Old July 26th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

[...]

Considering the way the feds are spending money,
I doubt that weighs heavily on their minds.

--Mike L.

Old July 26th 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:
David Eduardo wrote:

Irrelevant twaddle deleted.

You are so BUSTED!!

Yo Timmy,

Could you work on expanding your vocabulary for the next week or two?

JB

Old July 26th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John Barnard wrote:

Steve wrote:
David Eduardo wrote:

Irrelevant twaddle deleted.

You are so BUSTED!!

Yo Timmy,

Could you work on expanding your vocabulary for the next week or two?

Yo Johnny,

Could you work on CanaDuh Health making those spine transplants available for
all your countrymen?

You folks are as genetically pathetic as the French.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 26th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

John Barnard wrote:

Steve wrote:
David Eduardo wrote:

Irrelevant twaddle deleted.

You are so BUSTED!!

Yo Timmy,

Could you work on expanding your vocabulary for the next week or two?

Yo Johnny,

Could you work on CanaDuh Health making those spine transplants available for
all your countrymen?

You folks are as genetically pathetic as the French.

Speaking of the French... I was over at the local sporting goods store (buying
more ammo) and I saw that they had some French carbines for sale.

The placard said: "Never Fired. Only Dropped Once"

Each one came with a large square of white cloth (not sure what that was for,
though I guess it could be cut up into cleaning patches).

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 27th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Good point.

I discovered recently that I have an unassembled Ramsey kit for a
micro-power TV transmitter that can be tuned to channel 5 or 6. I vaguely
remember buying it so that I can transmit anything I want to my vintage
(and soon-to-be-vintage) TVs. I don't know if it is still in the Ramsey
catalog.

I also have part 15 AM and FM transmitters so that I can hear what I want
on any antique receiver I have. (Right now I am listening, as I do most
afternoons, to All Things Considered--being transmitted by KQED-FM--on the
same model 1937 Zenith my family owned when I was a toddler.

Norm

"Brenda Ann" wrotf:

Those set top boxes aren't going to do my portable and pocket TV's any good
at all.

Old August 2nd 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

John Barnard wrote:

Steve wrote:
David Eduardo wrote:

Irrelevant twaddle deleted.

You are so BUSTED!!

Yo Timmy,

Could you work on expanding your vocabulary for the next week or two?

Yo Johnny,

Could you work on CanaDuh Health making those spine transplants available for
all your countrymen?

You folks are as genetically pathetic as the French.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Considering all the ancestral backgrounds that you claim, you must be at
war with yourself all the time and that explains a great deal about you.

We've got more spine and balls than you can ever hope to have.

JB

Old August 2nd 06, 04:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I am too busy watching Trees Compny toooooooooo on tv,,,,,,,
cuhulin

Old August 2nd 06, 11:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John Barnard wrote:

dxAce wrote:

John Barnard wrote:

Steve wrote:
David Eduardo wrote:

Irrelevant twaddle deleted.

You are so BUSTED!!

Yo Timmy,

Could you work on expanding your vocabulary for the next week or two?

Yo Johnny,

Could you work on CanaDuh Health making those spine transplants available for
all your countrymen?

You folks are as genetically pathetic as the French.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Considering all the ancestral backgrounds that you claim, you must be at
war with yourself all the time and that explains a great deal about you.

We've got more spine and balls than you can ever hope to have.

Delusional tendencies as well!

LMFAO at the dumbass Canuck, yet again.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Open Letter to K1MAN [email protected] Policy 13 April 15th 05 07:43 PM
ABC's NASA story Michael Shortwave 13 March 1st 05 03:41 AM
Fake news from Washington Joel Rubin Shortwave 26 February 24th 05 02:57 PM
Spectrum plot of an IBOC AM station David Shortwave 27 March 4th 04 05:47 AM
The AM IBOC mess is yet to begin... WBRW Broadcasting 1 January 23rd 04 03:29 PM