Old March 31st 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Smokey

Default WTT/WTB: Lafayette wireless broadcaster / amplifier

Looking to buy or trade toward a "Lafayette Wireless Broadcaster/Amplifier."
These were marketed in 1960s as kits (Catalogue No. 19T0903) and factory
built (Catalogue No. 19T0906). They were set in a small metal shadow box 4
x 8 x 5-inches and the front panel was sky blue in color. The device would
allow its user to transmit to a nearby AM radio records and voice.

I built one of these in the 1960s and wish to have another to enable me to
transmit old time radio shows to the vintage receivers I have around the
house.

Condition is unimportant. If needing work, no problem.

I will buy outright for fair price or swap; I also have a number of nice
items
that I would be willing to trade. My "tradin' stock" is probably worth more
than the
Lafayette but I am no longer in need of the items and willing to dispose of
them in this manner..

I appreciate your consideration. Please respond directly via email and
remove NOSPAM from my email address when doing so.

Smokey

Old March 31st 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey

In article ,
Smokey wrote:
Looking to buy or trade toward a "Lafayette Wireless Broadcaster/Amplifier."
These were marketed in 1960s as kits (Catalogue No. 19T0903) and factory
built (Catalogue No. 19T0906). They were set in a small metal shadow box 4
x 8 x 5-inches and the front panel was sky blue in color. The device would
allow its user to transmit to a nearby AM radio records and voice.

I built one of these in the 1960s and wish to have another to enable me to
transmit old time radio shows to the vintage receivers I have around the
house.

I cannot help you with this. But I _can_ tell you that in the 1990s,
Radio-Electronics had an article on building a one-tube AM transmitter
just like this. I forget what tube they used, but it was some cheap octal
type and I believe they used plate modulation. It looked like a fun and
easy project. May be worth asking the library if they can track the
article down.
--scott

Old March 31st 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
YT

http://www.smecc.org/knight_kit_home...lectronics.htm

as a possible option