Old August 29th 06, 02:16 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default You'll probably never have to use CW to save a life.

Because your stupidity is laughable each and every time you cut/paste it...
LOL
rb

"The Kat" wrote in message
On 26 Aug 2006 18:44:08 -0700, "an old freid to some a nightmare to steve"
wrote:

WHY in the **** are you continuing this thread
in a SCANNER newsgroup??

This sig censored by the Office of Home and Land Insecurity...

Remove XYZ to email me

Old August 29th 06, 02:17 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Because your stupidity is laughable each and every time you cut/paste it...
LOL
rb

Old August 30th 06, 12:12 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default NoCode Techs should have to pass the CW test in a year or get booted.

wrote in :

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 01:23:06 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

"an old freind" wrote in
roups.com:

Slow Code wrote:
You'll probably never have to use CW to save a life, but you should
learn it anyway just in case.
why?

why is the fantastic ly unlikely something you should eb prepared for?

why does the trol Slow code hate ham radio?
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Motivating hams to be better hams is a good thing.

For example, if you were going to lose your internet if you didn't learn
how to type and spell after a year, I'm sure you'd be learning how to type
and spell. But since there is no requirement that you have to type and
spell properly after a year, you continue on murdering the english
language.

SC

Old August 31st 06, 12:21 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

wrote in news
On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 23:12:32 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

wrote in
m:

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 01:23:06 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

"an old freind" wrote in
egroups.com:

Slow Code wrote:
You'll probably never have to use CW to save a life, but you should
learn it anyway just in case.
why?

why is the fantastic ly unlikely something you should eb prepared
for?
why does the trol Slow code hate ham radio?
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Motivating hams to be better hams is a good thing.

For example, if you were going to lose your internet if you didn't learn
how to type and spell after a year, I'm sure you'd be learning how to
type and spell. But since there is no requirement that you have to type
and spell properly after a year, you continue on murdering the english
language.

nope you over look facts, I can't type or spel without making at least
twice the effort you do

That's why you'll never be a good ham. You refuse to put forth the
effort.

SC
Old September 1st 06, 03:38 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Rick Frazier wrote:
You've insisted on posting this crap so many times just about anyone
with more than two or three brain cells would be sick of it by now. Why
don't you just crawl back under the rock you crawled out from under?

At this point, even a relative moron should get the point that there are
a bunch of people that really don't give a damn about CW. That you do is
not the point, but your continual posts about it are the point.
Therefore, your continual posts lead me to believe you should be seeking
mental help. If you don't think you need therapy, how about you get a
life and if you are so Pro-CW, why aren't you on the bands right now?

Though I'm an Extra and passed the CW requirements shouldn't make a
difference if I choose to operate phone. If the requirements change and
new Hams aren't required to take the code test, am I going to be ****ed?
Hell no, because I took the tests when I did because I wanted to be a
productive part of this hobby, not wait for an easier ticket in. I
learned it, just as a huge number of others have, but none of us wish to
push it like you seem to want to. Even the most die-hard CW fanatic is
spending his time on the bands, not on the internet trolling for arguments.

Now, to provide a response to your query: It is extremely unlikely that
with all the means we have for contact in the case of an emergency, that
CW would be the only way to make contact, particularly if you live in
anything near an urban evironment in mainland US. First and foremost,
there has to be someone else that will respond to you, and given the
things going on with the hobby lately, I doubt that CW will be the
safety net you'd like to believe it is.

For myself, I have HF and VHF in both the house and vehicle, and have
the VHF radios all programmed with all of the local police and fire
frequencies. In a true emergency, I wouldn't lose a moment's time
worrying about whether it was legal or not before I keyed up on a public
service/fire/police frequency if it meant saving somebody. Would CW
help? Not very damn likely, as first I'd have to key up the HF rig, get
to someone that could relay, pass a message, hope like hell that they
actually did call the proper authority, (and were believed), and so on.
You can bet I'll get attention right away if I key up on any of the
public service frequencies, and they damn well will respond, if for no
other reason than to find me. If that's what it takes, so be it, they
can fight it out in court later, and I'd get so much media attention
they wouldn't dare push it very far. On the other hand, the likelihood
of actually being believed using standard, HF and CW procedures, or
getting help in a timely manner to actually save a life is an extremely
remote chance...

I rarely filter anyone, but you've definitely earned the "plonk" of
being filtered. Say Bye-Bye ! ! !

--Rick AH7H

Slow Code wrote:

You'll probably never have to use CW to save a life, but you should learn
it anyway just in case. Ham radio is like a spare tire, when you need it
you hope it's not flat. CW is like the air in the tire. I know I don't
ever want to hear someone say: "Why couldn't you get help, I though hams
were supposed to know morse code."

Sc

Thank you, Rick! You spoke volumes of reality in this new
millennium.

"Slow Code" is a relic of the 1930s, mentally over 70 years in the
past.

Old September 1st 06, 06:45 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

an old friend wrote:

Slow Code wrote:

You'll probably never have to use CW to save a life, but you should learn
it anyway just in case. Ham radio is like a spare tire, when you need it
you hope it's not flat. CW is like the air in the tire. I know I don't
ever want to hear someone say: "Why couldn't you get help, I though hams
were supposed to know morse code."

Sc

Thank you, Rick! You spoke volumes of reality in this new
millennium.

"Slow Code" is a relic of the 1930s, mentally over 70 years in the
past.

indeed it is interesting that Slow code seems stuck in era before he
was born do I have to apologize to Sceintology nuts

Mark, you don't have to apologize to anyone.

If Slow Code isn't a throwback to 7 decades ago, he is one example
of a thoroughly brainwashed morseman imprinted with the Beliefs
of 70 years ago...and all the mythos of "code saves lives" that
spread like kudzu after the Titanic disaster of 1912.