Old September 17th 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.cb

Default FA: Uniden HR2510

I have for auction an HR2510 amateur radio for auction. eBAY will not allow
me to list the radio but I am selling the radio with the accessories. Who
would pay that much for the accessories alone?

This radio includes a brand new Microphone

I am including the cost of shipping in the Buy it now price.

I have attached some pictures and the ebay URL. You can email me at rkling
at comcast.net. If for some reason the URL below does not work just search
for HR2510 or item 290030852293.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0852293&rd =1
&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Old September 17th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.cb
Ed Ed is offline

I have for auction an HR2510 amateur radio for auction. eBAY will not
allow me to list the radio but I am selling the radio with the
accessories. Who would pay that much for the accessories alone?

Really? Why? I see at least a couple of HR2600s listed, one which
clearly states it has the 2510 chipset in it. What does EBay say?

Ed
Old September 17th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.cb

Ed wrote in
. 192.196:

I have for auction an HR2510 amateur radio for auction. eBAY will not
allow me to list the radio but I am selling the radio with the
accessories. Who would pay that much for the accessories alone?

Really? Why? I see at least a couple of HR2600s listed, one which
clearly states it has the 2510 chipset in it. What does EBay say?

Ed

Something about FCC type acceptance, the 2600 must be type accepted.
Old September 18th 06, 11:48 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.cb
JJ JJ is offline

radiobuyer1 wrote:

I have for auction an HR2510 amateur radio for auction. eBAY will not
allow me to list the radio but I am selling the radio with the
accessories. Who would pay that much for the accessories alone?

Really? Why? I see at least a couple of HR2600s listed, one which
clearly states it has the 2510 chipset in it. What does EBay say?

Ed

Something about FCC type acceptance, the 2600 must be type accepted.

Nah, someone must have seen the picture showing 27.185 channel 19 and
complained to ebay .
People that have nothing better to do than to play ebay police. You
should have stated it as a 10 meter only radio,
which IS type accepted AND displayed 28.300 or another HAM frequency.

Old September 18th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.cb
Ed Ed is offline

Default FA: Uniden HR2510 - 1 attachment

I appologize for my earlier reply to the original poster questioning
that this rig could be denied an EBay listing. A bit of further research
shows me that EBay is entirely within their rights. Why they have
overlooked the other similar listings is probably just that there are too
many listings for them to catch everything.

A very clear source of information on the subject can be found at:

http://swap.qth.com/fcc/fcc-cbtable2.htm

Ed K7AAT

Old September 20th 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.cb

On 18 Sep 2006 01:29:19 GMT, Ed
wrote:

+++
+++
+++ Really? Why? I see at least a couple of HR2600s listed, one
+++ which
+++ clearly states it has the 2510 chipset in it. What does EBay say?
+++
+++
+++
+++
+++ Something about FCC type acceptance, the 2600 must be type accepted.
+++
+++
+++ Ham transmitters are not required to be type accepted (amplifiers are).
+++I thought that radio was a ham rig. Guess its a CB rig, which does
+++require FCC certification.
+++
+++
+++
+++ Ed

*******************

What????????????????

When did this change?????????????????

I believe if you reread the FCC requirements you will find that an
amtuer can build his own without type accpetance. Commercially
manufactured equiptment does need type accpetance.

james
Old September 20th 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.cb
Ed Ed is offline

What????????????????

When did this change?????????????????

I believe if you reread the FCC requirements you will find that an
amtuer can build his own without type accpetance. Commercially
manufactured equiptment does need type accpetance.

james

The thing that changed is the terms, type acceptance to certification.
I tried digging around the FCC website for their certification process on
amateur radio gear and am unable to find specifics. Any help from someone
else?

Ed K7AAT
Old September 21st 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.cb

Having read all the replies in here,I am just wondering if youre in
the USA or Canada?and well,what kind a price r u lookin for the rig!
Any receiver can receive any frequency,if the read out was ch 19,who
cares,I am sure ebay does not get into technical terms of everything
thats listed,geeee it would cost them millions of dollars to have
observers lookin at millions of items.Why don't u relist it and
discribe it as a ham rig!reply in here and I'll get it

FA: Uniden HR2510 radiobuyer1 CB 10 September 21st 06 05:44 AM
FA:$1.00 Uniden President HR2510 10mtr all mode mobile. Thanks....... Swap 1 September 4th 06 05:21 PM
FA:$1.00 Uniden President HR2510 10mtr all mode mobile. Thanks....... Equipment 0 September 4th 06 03:46 PM
FS: Uniden HR2510 all mode 10mtr mobile complete. $150.00 Thanks....... Equipment 0 July 21st 06 10:42 PM
FS: Uniden HR2510 all mode 10mtr mobile complete. $150.00 Thanks....... Swap 0 July 21st 06 10:42 PM