RadioBanter

-   -   What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs? (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/107210-re-what-arrls-thought-having-good-amateurs.html)

Roger October 31st 06 01:31 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

Such an attempt is foolish. Anyone who is intimidated by that must not

be
aware how easy that information is to find these days.

Dee, N8UZE

Information coupled with action is called stalking.

yea when it also includes using the Usmail to harras and false call to
law enforencement and..

and...
and...
and...

.......and that is what happens when you big, tough, macho guys choose to be
an idiot and use your real names and callsigns on Usenet.
We told you so!

Neener! Neener! Neener!

RadioGuy October 31st 06 06:42 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

In article .net,
says...
"Dr.Ace" wrote in
:

"Thats Right_ 20wpm" wrote in message
Slow Code is the kind of guy that everybodys hates on the air. He is
the Jammer because no one listens to him.

Probably because he doesn't have an amateur radio license .
Ace - WH2T

Tnx, 73, good luck in the contest.

SC

You know you don't have a license.

RG

PS - I know who you are!

RadioGuy October 31st 06 07:04 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

In article t,
says...
wrote in
ps.com:

Slow Code wrote:

Improving your skills doesn't make you a better operator? Sheeesh.

Mike, skill. Singular. There is no skill test for any other mode.

You can still have your microphone, but you should have to pass a code
test before you're allowed to use it. I like 5 WPM for Tech, 13 for
General, and 20wpm for Extra, but then, I'm not lazy.

SC

You may not be lazy, but you're fully prepared to kill off amateur
radio with archaic requirements. I guess if you can't have the amateur
radio the way you want it, to hell with it all.

We have to dumb it down to keep it from dying?

SC

Why do you care? At the rate you drink your liver will give out before
they change anything.

RadioGuy October 31st 06 07:10 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

In article t,
says...

Wheeew! Thank god you expelled most of your gas in your last post you
didn't have a lot left over for this one.

No Len. Most RRAPers aren't pro-CW, but you think they're pro code
because they're willing to learn it for a license.

Larry, Dee and Me are the only pro 'Keep the code test' people in the
group anymore.

SC

Dee isn't a butt hole like you! You're miles away from the caliber of
person that Dee is.

RadioGuy October 31st 06 07:13 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

In article ,
says...

There you go again. Don't wonder who I am, go enjoy ham radio. :)

and tell people they need to learn code.

SC

I know who you are!!!!!

One Hung Low October 31st 06 01:02 PM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

In article ,
says...
There you go again. Don't wonder who I am, go enjoy ham radio. :)

and tell people they need to learn code.

SC

RadioGuy wrote:

I know who you are!!!!!

Would you care to share that with the rest of us? C'mon, spill the
beans. We're dying to know if "slow" even has a license. :-)

Slow Code November 1st 06 12:43 AM

I wish RadioGuy would stop humping my leg.

One Hung Low wrote in
. net:

RadioGuy wrote:

I know who you are!!!!!

Would you care to share that with the rest of us? C'mon, spill the
beans. We're dying to know if "slow" even has a license. :-)

RadioGuy is like a little hyperactive poodle. He runs around, barks, maybe
nips at your heels but not much because he scared of his shadow and he
craps everywhere, but he's basically harmless and answers to Papa Dog.

I just wish he'd stop humping my leg.

SC

Slow Code November 1st 06 12:45 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

RadioGuy wrote in
:

In article .net,
says...
"Dr.Ace" wrote in
:

"Thats Right_ 20wpm" wrote in message
Slow Code is the kind of guy that everybodys hates on the air. He is
the Jammer because no one listens to him.

Probably because he doesn't have an amateur radio license .
Ace - WH2T

Tnx, 73, good luck in the contest.

SC

You know you don't have a license.

RG

PS - I know who you are!

You haven't got a clue.

If RRAP were Wheel of Fortune, I'd tell you to buy a vowel.

SC

Slow Code November 1st 06 12:45 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

RadioGuy wrote in
:

In article ,
says...

There you go again. Don't wonder who I am, go enjoy ham radio. :)

and tell people they need to learn code.

SC

I know who you are!!!!!

You haven't got a clue. Now turn on your CB, maybe your no-code
friends are calling. When you get tired of crapping on the group
Learn CW.

SC

Dr.Ace November 1st 06 06:43 PM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

"One Hung Low" wrote in message
. net...

Would you care to share that with the rest of us? C'mon, spill the beans.
We're dying to know if "slow" even has a license. :-)

The Magic 8 Ball say's "No Way" .
Ace - WH2T