RadioBanter

-   -   What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs? (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/107210-re-what-arrls-thought-having-good-amateurs.html)

Slow Code October 17th 06 01:41 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

wrote in
oups.com:

wrote:
On 13 Oct 2006 07:59:20 -0700,

You may
not agree with their suggested solutions, but you'd have to agree
that we have a problem. Right?
notice you have gotten no reply

Having waited almost a week for a reasonable response...

The silence is telling. I believe you are right, he doesn't care..

indeed and it gets worse I am sure he believes the solution is worse
than the problem because it does not promote cw forever

Slow Code is only here to troll. He's a fan of CW, but not a big
enough fan to actually defent the continued testing of Morse Code with
any valid reasoning.

Here's a valid reason for continued CW testing: To keep lowlifes like you
and Markie out of ham radio and off HF. You're too lazy to try to be
real hams. You see no value in being effective communicators, therefore
you're both worthless to the service and if you had to use CW to save a
life that person would die. You're both probably too lazy to use a
microphone to help save anyone too.

I'd like to see the No-code Tech class go away with a 5 wpm Tech the being
entry level to the service, or bring back a code only Novice class again.
Require 13 wpm code test for general and 20 wpm an Extra again.

People that don't like it should stay on CB. Ten-Four? This should
provide you and Markie a lot to stroke each other with. You both seem to
sing the same tune.

SC

Papa Dog October 17th 06 02:11 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

In article .net,
says...
wrote in
oups.com:

wrote:
On 13 Oct 2006 07:59:20 -0700,

You may
not agree with their suggested solutions, but you'd have to agree
that we have a problem. Right?
notice you have gotten no reply

Having waited almost a week for a reasonable response...

The silence is telling. I believe you are right, he doesn't care..

indeed and it gets worse I am sure he believes the solution is worse
than the problem because it does not promote cw forever

Slow Code is only here to troll. He's a fan of CW, but not a big
enough fan to actually defent the continued testing of Morse Code with
any valid reasoning.

You see no value in being effective communicators,

The most effective communication is plain english!

73

Chris

Steve October 17th 06 03:20 AM

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:45:49 -0500, john wrote:
Slow Code is a disgrace to Amateur Radio!

Let Slow Code post, and "john" comes stumbling in while stepping on
his crank, with both cap guns blazing.

[email protected] October 18th 06 01:39 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

Slow Code wrote:
wrote in
oups.com:
wrote:
[...]

Why do you say I'm a low-life?

[email protected] October 18th 06 01:37 PM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

wrote:
On 17 Oct 2006 17:39:19 -0700,
wrote:

Slow Code wrote:
wrote in
oups.com:
wrote:
[...]

according to him anyone not devoted to cw is a lowlfie

That's really sad.

Slow Code October 19th 06 01:13 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

Papa Dog wrote in
:

In article .net,
says...
wrote in
oups.com:

wrote:
On 13 Oct 2006 07:59:20 -0700,

You may
not agree with their suggested solutions, but you'd have to
agree that we have a problem. Right?
notice you have gotten no reply

Having waited almost a week for a reasonable response...

The silence is telling. I believe you are right, he doesn't care..

indeed and it gets worse I am sure he believes the solution is worse
than the problem because it does not promote cw forever

Slow Code is only here to troll. He's a fan of CW, but not a big
enough fan to actually defent the continued testing of Morse Code
with any valid reasoning.

You see no value in being effective communicators,

The most effective communication is plain english!

73

Chris

Yes you're right, unless you're trying to pass a message through someone
that doesn't know how to speak english.

CW is a wonderful thing. Real communicators know CW and know how to use
it.

SC

Slow Code October 19th 06 01:13 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

wrote in
ps.com:

Slow Code wrote:
wrote in
oups.com:
wrote:
[...]

Did I say low-life? I meant to say lazy.

SC

Thats Right_ 20wpm October 19th 06 02:25 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

Slow Code is the kind of guy that everybodys hates on the air. He is
the Jammer because no one listens to him.

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 00:13:24 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

Papa Dog wrote in
:

In article .net,
says...
wrote in
oups.com:

Thats Right_ 20wpm October 19th 06 02:25 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

Slow Code is the kind of guy that everybodys hates on the air. He is
the Jammer because no one listens to him.

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 00:13:41 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

wrote in
ups.com:

Slow Code wrote:
wrote in
oups.com:

an_old_friend October 25th 06 10:55 PM

Dr.Ace wrote:
"john" wrote in message
Slow Code is a disgrace to Amateur Radio!

I doubt that SC even has a call sign .
Ace - WH2T

you may be right But honestly I don't think so I beleive that SC is a
older hams who moved to some retirement village, did not read the fine
print, and so can't go on the air anymore and having put his saving in
it is just plain screwed andf unable to move and not driving much can't
go HF mobile even

and he come on here and takes it out on us

Dr.Ace October 25th 06 11:37 PM

"Thats Right_ 20wpm" wrote in message
Slow Code is the kind of guy that everybodys hates on the air. He is
the Jammer because no one listens to him.

Probably because he doesn't have an amateur radio license .
Ace - WH2T

Slow Code October 26th 06 12:51 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

wrote in
oups.com:

Slow Code wrote:
'Mark in the Dark' wrote in
:

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 23:33:30 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

wrote in
groups.com:

wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
according to him anyone not devoted to cw is a lowlfie
That's really sad.
...and pathetic. No one should have to go through life as a
lowlfie.

(extraneous groups deleted)

So who do you think Slow Code is? Kelly? Coslo? Deignan?

I haven't the slightest idea.

Well, I know "Slow Code" is not me.

Beyond that, he could be anybody with a computer and an internet
connection. "Slow Code" could be Len Anderson, who has used at
least seven different screen names here - that we know of.

How many screen names have you used here - that you know of?

"Slow Code" could
be Brian Burke, N0IMD,

Slow Code could be Jim/N2EY, despite protests that it isn't him.
Ditto Robesin, Coslo, Bruce, Dan, Larry Roll, or anyone else who
"appears" to be absent from RRAP.

Why don't you build up your CW skills and quit worrying about who
everyone is.

whjy should he He has passed the test and hold a general class
license

Mark in the Dark.

He can keep building his code skills to make himself a better operator.

Again, the pro-coders only equate code speed with being a good
operator. Amateur radio has only a single dimension for them - CW on
HF. Their attitude is bankrupting amateur radio.

Improving your skills doesn't make you a better operator? Sheeesh.

You can still have your microphone, but you should have to pass a code
test before you're allowed to use it. I like 5 WPM for Tech, 13 for
General, and 20wpm for Extra, but then, I'm not lazy.

SC

Slow Code October 26th 06 12:51 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

"Dr.Ace" wrote in
:

"Thats Right_ 20wpm" wrote in message
Slow Code is the kind of guy that everybodys hates on the air. He is
the Jammer because no one listens to him.

Probably because he doesn't have an amateur radio license .
Ace - WH2T

Tnx, 73, good luck in the contest.

SC

[email protected] October 27th 06 01:34 AM

Slow Code wrote:

Improving your skills doesn't make you a better operator? Sheeesh.

Mike, skill. Singular. There is no skill test for any other mode.

You can still have your microphone, but you should have to pass a code
test before you're allowed to use it. I like 5 WPM for Tech, 13 for
General, and 20wpm for Extra, but then, I'm not lazy.

SC

You may not be lazy, but you're fully prepared to kill off amateur
radio with archaic requirements. I guess if you can't have the amateur
radio the way you want it, to hell with it all.

Slow Code October 28th 06 01:31 AM

Slow Code wrote:

Improving your skills doesn't make you a better operator? Sheeesh.

Mike, skill. Singular. There is no skill test for any other mode.

You can still have your microphone, but you should have to pass a code
test before you're allowed to use it. I like 5 WPM for Tech, 13 for
General, and 20wpm for Extra, but then, I'm not lazy.

SC

You may not be lazy, but you're fully prepared to kill off amateur
radio with archaic requirements. I guess if you can't have the amateur
radio the way you want it, to hell with it all.

We have to dumb it down to keep it from dying?

SC

Slow Code October 28th 06 01:31 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

" wrote in
oups.com:

From: on Sat, Oct 21 2006 4:01pm

wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

according to him anyone not devoted to cw is a lowlfie
That's really sad.
...and pathetic. No one should have to go through life as a
lowlfie.

(extraneous groups deleted)

So who do you think Slow Code is? Kelly? Coslo? Deignan?

I haven't the slightest idea.

Well, I know "Slow Code" is not me.

Beyond that, he could be anybody with a computer and an internet
connection. "Slow Code" could be Len Anderson, who has used at least
seven different screen names here - that we know of.

How many screen names have you used here - that you know of?

Jimmie will NEVER admit to using any pseudonyms. :-)

Jimmie is a proud amateur "serving his country in other ways"
such as playing with his radio hobby, spreading "international
good will" by working DX on HF with CW. :-)

"Slow Code" could be Brian Burke, N0IMD,

Slow Code could be Jim/N2EY, despite protests that it isn't him.

Not in Miccolis' petty prissy manner of "always being correct."
[i.e., thinking as Miccolis thinks...all else is "wrong"]

Miccolis already tried at least one pseudonym. That pesudo
STOPPED when confronted. [that's in the Google archives]
But, but, but...Miccolis (who never swears) swears "it wasn't
him!" AS IF. :-)

Ditto
Robesin, Coslo, Bruce, Dan, Larry Roll, or anyone else who "appears" to
be absent from RRAP.

Maybe it is Val Germann, frustrated that he can't get his
(code speed) up? :-)

Could even be KH2D after starting the Alzheimer's route...who
knows?

Maybe it is Lamont Cranston? "Who knows what evil lurks in
the hearts of No-Coders?" :-)

who has used a wide variety of screen names
here, ("billy beeper", "hot ham and cheese", to name just a few)
usually without including his name or callsign.

I understand that Brian Burke has received a whole lot less spam email
on his regular user account than when he posted here under his name and
call. I also understand that he let go of "Billy Beeper" at Han's
Brakob's request, as "Billy Beeper" was an invention of Hans, a
fictitious boy who feared evil No-Coders.

There's lots of fictitious BOYS in here fearing evil No-Coders.

Most of them use pseudonyms. No guts. No courage. No brains.

They hide behind their BFO-enabled beeping, afraid to stray
beyond the anonymity of their monotonic dots and dashes...and
dreams of glory and honor via morsemanship..."serving their
country in 'other' ways." :-)

Wheeew! Thank god you expelled most of your gas in your last post you
didn't have a lot left over for this one.

No Len. Most RRAPers aren't pro-CW, but you think they're pro code
because they're willing to learn it for a license.

Larry, Dee and Me are the only pro 'Keep the code test' people in the
group anymore.

SC

[email protected] October 28th 06 09:32 PM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

Slow Code wrote:
wrote in
ps.com:

Slow Code wrote:

Improving your skills doesn't make you a better operator? Sheeesh.

Mike, skill. Singular. There is no skill test for any other mode.

You can still have your microphone, but you should have to pass a code
test before you're allowed to use it. I like 5 WPM for Tech, 13 for
General, and 20wpm for Extra, but then, I'm not lazy.

SC

You may not be lazy, but you're fully prepared to kill off amateur
radio with archaic requirements. I guess if you can't have the amateur
radio the way you want it, to hell with it all.

We have to dumb it down to keep it from dying?

SC

We have to remove unnecessary and superfluous licensing requirements.

[email protected] October 28th 06 09:37 PM

Slow Code wrote:

Larry, Dee and Me are the only pro 'Keep the code test' people in the
group anymore.

SC

Then the presentation of sound reasoning has been successful.

[email protected] October 28th 06 09:51 PM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

" wrote in
oups.com:
From: on Sat, Oct 21 2006 4:01pm
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

according to him anyone not devoted to cw is a lowlfie
That's really sad.
...and pathetic. No one should have to go through life as a
lowlfie.

(extraneous groups deleted)

So who do you think Slow Code is? Kelly? Coslo? Deignan?

I haven't the slightest idea.

Well, I know "Slow Code" is not me.

Beyond that, he could be anybody with a computer and an internet
connection. "Slow Code" could be Len Anderson, who has used at least
seven different screen names here - that we know of.

How many screen names have you used here - that you know of?

Jimmie will NEVER admit to using any pseudonyms. :-)

Who is "Jimmie"? There's a "Jimmie D" who has posted to rrap recently.
I'm not him

Jimmie is a proud amateur "serving his country in other ways"
such as playing with his radio hobby, spreading "international
good will" by working DX on HF with CW. :-)

Who is this "Jimmie" person? Can't be me, because I've never claimed to
be "serving...country in other ways". And I work some HF CW DX, but not
as much as many other hams.

"Slow Code" could be Brian Burke, N0IMD,

Slow Code could be Jim/N2EY, despite protests that it isn't him.

No protests from me. Just a statement of fact: I am not "Slow Code".

Not in

petty prissy manner of "always being correct."

You mean like knowing the correct distance from the USSR to Tokyo? Or
the actual length of a quarter-wave whip for 73 MHz?

[i.e., thinking as

thinks...all else is "wrong"]

No, that's *your* game, Len.

One can always tell when Len is losing the debate - he starts following
his profile.

Miccolis already tried at least one pseudonym. That pesudo
STOPPED when confronted. [that's in the Google archives]

Really? Where's your proof?

But, but, but...Miccolis (who never swears) swears "it wasn't
him!" AS IF. :-)

Gee, Len, you've posted to rrap as

and the screen name you use now.

Those are just the ones we know of, too. There are probably more. Many
of your posts are anonymous, too.

Maybe you were "Cutie Boy", Len, doing a bad imitation of "Scratchi".

For all we know, Len or Brian Burke, N0IMD could be "Slow Code". I
don't mean to be insulting, but since "SC" insists on being anonymous,
he could be anybody.

I just know he isn't me.

Ditto
Robesin, Coslo, Bruce, Dan, Larry Roll, or anyone else who "appears" to
be absent from RRAP.

Maybe it is Val Germann, frustrated that he can't get his
(code speed) up? :-)

Your Extra still in its box, Len? In January it will be seven years.

Could even be KH2D after starting the Alzheimer's route...who
knows?

Maybe it is Lamont Cranston? "Who knows what evil lurks in
the hearts of No-Coders?" :-)

who has used a wide variety of screen names
here, ("billy beeper", "hot ham and cheese", to name just a few)
usually without including his name or callsign.

I understand that Brian Burke has received a whole lot less spam email
on his regular user account than when he posted here under his name and
call. I also understand that he let go of "Billy Beeper" at Han's
Brakob's request, as "Billy Beeper" was an invention of Hans, a
fictitious boy who feared evil No-Coders.

There's lots of fictitious BOYS in here fearing evil No-Coders.

Do you still have trouble "integrating young people into...an adult
activity", Len?

Most of them use pseudonyms. No guts. No courage. No brains.

You mean like someone who calls himself "Avery Fine"? And then denies
posting here?

Or "Leo"? Does "Leo" have "No guts. No courage. No brains."?

They hide behind their BFO-enabled beeping, afraid to stray
beyond the anonymity of their monotonic dots and dashes...and
dreams of glory and honor via morsemanship..."serving their
country in 'other' ways." :-)

You hide behind your keyboard, Len.

Wheeew! Thank god you expelled most of your gas in your last post you
didn't have a lot left over for this one.

He's got plenty more, "SC".

No Len. Most RRAPers aren't pro-CW, but you think they're pro code
because they're willing to learn it for a license.

It's really simple, "SC". Len has no tolerance for disagreement with
his cherished views. All you have to do to get him going is to disagree
with him. Or do something even worse: prove he is wrong (mistaken)
about something.

Larry, Dee and Me are the only pro 'Keep the code test' people in the
group anymore.

No, there's me, too. Jim, N2EY. You can read my comments to FCC on
ECFS.

I'm for both keeping the Morse Code test and improving the written
tests.

Dee Flint October 28th 06 10:47 PM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

wrote in message
oups.com...

Slow Code wrote:

Larry, Dee and Me are the only pro 'Keep the code test' people in the
group anymore.

SC

Then the presentation of sound reasoning has been successful.

No most of them have left due to the spam created by Mark Morgan, the
interminable pontification of Len Anderson, the compulsive responses that
some seem to feel that they must post to the spam, the vulgarity of people
like Opus, the slamming that people like Slow Code do to those who licensed
or will license under the current system and so on.

i.e. They left because it was impossible to have a good, spirited debate
without things getting out of hand.

I only drop in occasionally to see what's happening. Mostly I don't bother
to respond as it has proven to be pointless with all the bad eggs on line.

Dee, N8UZE

[email protected] October 28th 06 11:11 PM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Slow Code wrote:

Larry, Dee and Me are the only pro 'Keep the code test' people in the
group anymore.

SC

Then the presentation of sound reasoning has been successful.

No most of them have left due to the spam created by Mark Morgan, the
interminable pontification of Len Anderson, the compulsive responses that
some seem to feel that they must post to the spam, the vulgarity of people
like Opus, the slamming that people like Slow Code do to those who licensed
or will license under the current system and so on.

Actually, Mark Morgan is merely the necessary balance to Robesin's
postings. I read Marks posting that are responding to what I've posted
and very little else that he posts.

I do smaple some of Lens posting because they sometimes carry a lot of
satire. What do you thik of Len characterizing you as "Miss Manners?"

Opus? He/She must be posting under another name these days. Ditto
K3LT, K4YZ, and N2EY.

i.e. They left because it was impossible to have a good, spirited debate
without things getting out of hand.

OUT OF HAND???

Robesin is OUT OF MIND! Good thing you don't shoot your mouth off or
you might find bricks through windows, slashed tires, or terrorized ham
husbands...

I only drop in occasionally to see what's happening. Mostly I don't bother
to respond as it has proven to be pointless with all the bad eggs on line.

Dee, N8UZE

I like you're "steady as she goes" format even when I disagree with
you, which I do.

So who do you think "Slow Code" is? Coslo? Miccolis? Roll? Deignan?
Dan, Dan the CB Radio Man?

[email protected] October 28th 06 11:29 PM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Slow Code wrote:

Larry, Dee and Me are the only pro 'Keep the code test' people in the
group anymore.

SC

Then the presentation of sound reasoning has been successful.

No most of them have left due to the spam created by Mark Morgan,

I see Mark Morgan as the necessary balance in the vicious postings by
Robesin. We actually have very little in common. We both claim to be
amateur radio operator and military veterans. I got chopped to the US
Army twice, so I know a little bit about the Army. I also got chopped
to the US Navy once, and there and at service schools, and in Somalia,
was fairly close to the USMC.

As far as amateur radio goes, the only one of these bozos I've ever
QSO'd was Heil when I was DX on Guam.

the
interminable pontification of Len Anderson,

Yeh, well, we have Jim who served in other ways. I'm sure he has
something to be proud of, too, but so far he hasn't mentioned it in
other ways.

the compulsive responses that
some seem to feel that they must post to the spam, the vulgarity of people
like Opus,

I guess you conveniently forgot Dan and Bruce's postings to Kim....

Talk about not just sexist, but bonifide sexual harassment (and Jim
never once chimed in to say boo)....

the slamming that people like Slow Code do to those who licensed
or will license under the current system and so on.

He's only saying what the PCTA Extras would like to say without their
callsigns attached to it.

i.e. They left because it was impossible to have a good, spirited debate
without things getting out of hand.

I like spirited, and I like the dignity that you lend when things get
spirited...

I only drop in occasionally to see what's happening. Mostly I don't bother
to respond as it has proven to be pointless with all the bad eggs on line.

Dee, N8UZE

Is an egg that's come to room temp and incubating a little bit of
salmonella really all that bad?

[email protected] October 28th 06 11:32 PM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

wrote:
On 28 Oct 2006 15:11:43 -0700,
wrote:
Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Slow Code wrote:
Larry, Dee and Me are the only pro 'Keep the code test' people in the
group anymore.

SC

Then the presentation of sound reasoning has been successful.

No most of them have left due to the spam created by Mark Morgan, the
interminable pontification of Len Anderson, the compulsive responses that
some seem to feel that they must post to the spam, the vulgarity of people
like Opus, the slamming that people like Slow Code do to those who licensed
or will license under the current system and so on.

Actually, Mark Morgan is merely the necessary balance to Robesin's
postings. I read Marks posting that are responding to what I've posted
and very little else that he posts.

indded as you should pity Rbeson demand so much attention

He's an egomaniac log10, which I think is the legal definition of
megalomaniac.

I do smaple some of Lens posting because they sometimes carry a lot of
satire. What do you thik of Len characterizing you as "Miss Manners?"

Opus? He/She must be posting under another name these days. Ditto
K3LT, K4YZ, and N2EY.

i.e. They left because it was impossible to have a good, spirited debate
without things getting out of hand.

OUT OF HAND???

Robesin is OUT OF MIND! Good thing you don't shoot your mouth off or
you might find bricks through windows, slashed tires, or terrorized ham
husbands...

or letter your neighboors insiting you are child molestor

Are you serious???

I only drop in occasionally to see what's happening. Mostly I don't bother
to respond as it has proven to be pointless with all the bad eggs on line.

Dee, N8UZE

I like you're "steady as she goes" format even when I disagree with
you, which I do.

So who do you think "Slow Code" is? Coslo? Miccolis? Roll? Deignan?
Dan, Dan the CB Radio Man?

Jim.

Dee Flint October 28th 06 11:56 PM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

wrote in message
ups.com...

Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Slow Code wrote:

Larry, Dee and Me are the only pro 'Keep the code test' people in the
group anymore.

SC

Then the presentation of sound reasoning has been successful.

No most of them have left due to the spam created by Mark Morgan, the
interminable pontification of Len Anderson, the compulsive responses that
some seem to feel that they must post to the spam, the vulgarity of
people
like Opus, the slamming that people like Slow Code do to those who
licensed
or will license under the current system and so on.

Actually, Mark Morgan is merely the necessary balance to Robesin's
postings. I read Marks posting that are responding to what I've posted
and very little else that he posts.

I think they're both a little off plumb but Morgan is the worst. He's been
known to post hundreds of messages in a day. Robeson can't seem to resist
jabbing him.

I do smaple some of Lens posting because they sometimes carry a lot of
satire. What do you thik of Len characterizing you as "Miss Manners?"

Doesn't bother me in the least. I hold myself to a high standard and
believe that the world would be more pleasant if others did the same.
However it's their problem if they don't. Occasionally I get a little
annoyed and so get a little sharp but I work hard at not doing so. You get
a lot better response from people (in general) if you treat them right.

Opus? He/She must be posting under another name these days. Ditto
K3LT, K4YZ, and N2EY.

i.e. They left because it was impossible to have a good, spirited debate
without things getting out of hand.

OUT OF HAND???

Robesin is OUT OF MIND! Good thing you don't shoot your mouth off or
you might find bricks through windows, slashed tires, or terrorized ham
husbands...

Perhaps but that and worse has been said to him. He seems to have a
compulstion to attempt to refute every comment directed at him. I've posted
in here suggesting "shunning" those who slam him but he doesn't seem to want
to. He'd rather perpetuate the threads.

I only drop in occasionally to see what's happening. Mostly I don't
bother
to respond as it has proven to be pointless with all the bad eggs on
line.

Dee, N8UZE

I like you're "steady as she goes" format even when I disagree with
you, which I do.

Thank you, I appreciate that. I enjoy good debates but find that a debate
that has deteriorated to personal insults is boring. It's unfortunate that
happens so much in here.

So who do you think "Slow Code" is? Coslo? Miccolis? Roll? Deignan?
Dan, Dan the CB Radio Man?

Haven't a clue on Slow Code. The style doesn't sound like Coslo or
Miccolis. Don't really know the style of the other fellows writing.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Dee Flint October 29th 06 12:18 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

wrote in message
ups.com...

Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Slow Code wrote:

Larry, Dee and Me are the only pro 'Keep the code test' people in the
group anymore.

SC

Then the presentation of sound reasoning has been successful.

No most of them have left due to the spam created by Mark Morgan,

I see Mark Morgan as the necessary balance in the vicious postings by
Robesin.

He doesn't need to create dozens of posts to refute each one. Many of
Mark's posts are and were quite vicious. I killfiled Morgan the day he made
unacceptable comments about Steve's deceased daughter.

We actually have very little in common. We both claim to be
amateur radio operator and military veterans. I got chopped to the US
Army twice, so I know a little bit about the Army. I also got chopped
to the US Navy once, and there and at service schools, and in Somalia,
was fairly close to the USMC.

As far as amateur radio goes, the only one of these bozos I've ever
QSO'd was Heil when I was DX on Guam.

the
interminable pontification of Len Anderson,

Yeh, well, we have Jim who served in other ways. I'm sure he has
something to be proud of, too, but so far he hasn't mentioned it in
other ways.

I happen to remember the post. He said that one can serve in other ways.
He did not say whether he himself served in the military or in other ways.
Yet based on that comment, Len Anderson and others have made ASSumptions.

the compulsive responses that
some seem to feel that they must post to the spam, the vulgarity of
people
like Opus,

I guess you conveniently forgot Dan and Bruce's postings to Kim....

Long time ago, but I think I mentioned it was stupid of them. However,
she's an adult and is capable of dealing with these people on her own.

Talk about not just sexist, but bonifide sexual harassment (and Jim
never once chimed in to say boo)....

She chose the call sign. It's not up to him or me or any one else to defend
her other than to say it was her right. I believe that I commented that I
thought it was a poor choice but it was up to her.

the slamming that people like Slow Code do to those who licensed
or will license under the current system and so on.

He's only saying what the PCTA Extras would like to say without their
callsigns attached to it.

I'm a pro code test advocate and an Extra. I would never hide behind
anonymity. And I do not hold the candidates responsible for the quality or
extent of the tests. They have no choice in the matter. What the new ham
does have a choice in is to either stagnate or progress. He can gain the
experience to then join in discussions and contribute or he can put his foot
in his mouth with such inexperienced statements as "you need an amplifier to
work DX" or "you can't work Texas from Michigan on VHF". However even then,
I try to avoid anything that could be taken as a put down because I want
them to stay in ham radio and grow and develop. I'll invite them over to
work a contest with my measly 100 watts or I'll introduce them to one of the
QRP enthusiasts. I'll invite them to work the VHF station at Field Day and
pair them up with one of our VHF experts. It's called being a good ham and
an Elmer.

i.e. They left because it was impossible to have a good, spirited debate
without things getting out of hand.

I like spirited, and I like the dignity that you lend when things get
spirited...

I only drop in occasionally to see what's happening. Mostly I don't
bother
to respond as it has proven to be pointless with all the bad eggs on
line.

Dee, N8UZE

Is an egg that's come to room temp and incubating a little bit of
salmonella really all that bad?

Not if you enjoy being sick.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Slow Code October 29th 06 01:07 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

wrote in
oups.com:

Slow Code wrote:
wrote in
ps.com:

Slow Code wrote:

Improving your skills doesn't make you a better operator? Sheeesh.

Mike, skill. Singular. There is no skill test for any other mode.

You can still have your microphone, but you should have to pass a
code test before you're allowed to use it. I like 5 WPM for Tech,
13 for General, and 20wpm for Extra, but then, I'm not lazy.

SC

You may not be lazy, but you're fully prepared to kill off amateur
radio with archaic requirements. I guess if you can't have the
amateur radio the way you want it, to hell with it all.

We have to dumb it down to keep it from dying?

SC

We have to remove unnecessary and superfluous licensing requirements.

I expect you'll say the same thing about the written exam in ten years too.

SC

Slow Code October 29th 06 01:07 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

wrote in
ups.com:

Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Slow Code wrote:

[...]

There you go again. Don't wonder who I am, go enjoy ham radio. :)

and tell people they need to learn code.

SC

Slow Code October 29th 06 01:07 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

"A. G. Bell" anon@anon wrote in :

Dee killfiled you, Mark. She doesn't see your insipid comments.

QRZ KF'd him too.

BwHAAHAAHAAHAHAAA!

SC

A. G. Bell October 29th 06 01:42 AM

[email protected] October 29th 06 02:24 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Slow Code wrote:

Larry, Dee and Me are the only pro 'Keep the code test' people in the
group anymore.

SC

Then the presentation of sound reasoning has been successful.

No most of them have left due to the spam created by Mark Morgan,

I see Mark Morgan as the necessary balance in the vicious postings by
Robesin.

He doesn't need to create dozens of posts to refute each one.

You don't get to decide that. Has Robesin accused you of lesbian
encounters or pedophilia?

When he does, I'll be sure to keep track of the ratio of Robesin
postings to Dee postings.

Many of
Mark's posts are and were quite vicious.

Um, yeh. It's really awful, isn't it? Almost as bad as accusing
people of rape.

I killfiled Morgan the day he made
unacceptable comments about Steve's deceased daughter.

Did you know that his daughter was severly retarded, and he makes jokes
about "the short bus" on RRAP? I doubt that his daughter was well off
enough to ride the short bus that Robesin pokes fun at..

We actually have very little in common. We both claim to be
amateur radio operator and military veterans. I got chopped to the US
Army twice, so I know a little bit about the Army. I also got chopped
to the US Navy once, and there and at service schools, and in Somalia,
was fairly close to the USMC.

As far as amateur radio goes, the only one of these bozos I've ever
QSO'd was Heil when I was DX on Guam.

the
interminable pontification of Len Anderson,

Yeh, well, we have Jim who served in other ways. I'm sure he has
something to be proud of, too, but so far he hasn't mentioned it in
other ways.

I happen to remember the post. He said that one can serve in other ways.
He did not say whether he himself served in the military or in other ways.

Even worse.

Yet based on that comment, Len Anderson and others have made ASSumptions.

Jim's had YEARS to clarify, and he's been questioned SPECIFICALLY about
that comment.

the compulsive responses that
some seem to feel that they must post to the spam, the vulgarity of
people
like Opus,

I guess you conveniently forgot Dan and Bruce's postings to Kim....

Long time ago, but I think I mentioned it was stupid of them.

Stupid? It was sexual harassment. That's illegal isn't it?

However,
she's an adult and is capable of dealing with these people on her own.

Yeh, right. You didn't like her politics, so she's on her own.

Talk about not just sexist, but bonifide sexual harassment (and Jim
never once chimed in to say boo)....

She chose the call sign.

I believe she did.

It's not up to him or me or any one else to defend
her other than to say it was her right. I believe that I commented that I
thought it was a poor choice but it was up to her.

I believe you did just that.

So when a YL wearing a slit skirt and a push-up bra gets raped...?

Was she asking for it and is she on her own?

the slamming that people like Slow Code do to those who licensed
or will license under the current system and so on.

He's only saying what the PCTA Extras would like to say without their
callsigns attached to it.

I'm a pro code test advocate and an Extra.

I would never have guessed.

I would never hide behind
anonymity.

Jim does.

And I do not hold the candidates responsible for the quality or
extent of the tests. They have no choice in the matter. What the new ham
does have a choice in is to either stagnate or progress. He can gain the
experience to then join in discussions and contribute or he can put his foot
in his mouth with such inexperienced statements as "you need an amplifier to
work DX" or "you can't work Texas from Michigan on VHF". However even then,
I try to avoid anything that could be taken as a put down because I want
them to stay in ham radio and grow and develop. I'll invite them over to
work a contest with my measly 100 watts or I'll introduce them to one of the
QRP enthusiasts. I'll invite them to work the VHF station at Field Day and
pair them up with one of our VHF experts. It's called being a good ham and
an Elmer.

No "shack on a belt" quips?

i.e. They left because it was impossible to have a good, spirited debate
without things getting out of hand.

I like spirited, and I like the dignity that you lend when things get
spirited...

I only drop in occasionally to see what's happening. Mostly I don't
bother
to respond as it has proven to be pointless with all the bad eggs on
line.

Dee, N8UZE

Is an egg that's come to room temp and incubating a little bit of
salmonella really all that bad?

Not if you enjoy being sick.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

I'll pass that one along to Robesin, then. He relishes spoiled eggs.

[email protected] October 29th 06 02:49 AM

Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message

So who do you think "Slow Code" is? Coslo? Miccolis? Roll? Deignan?
Dan, Dan the CB Radio Man?

Haven't a clue on Slow Code. The style doesn't sound like Coslo or
Miccolis.

Obviously it's someone who's been here awhile.

Don't really know the style of the other fellows writing.

Troll was the racist poster ("My favorite black on the bus...," and
"Welfare mothers of Color with their hands out...").

Deignan was the vanity callsign collector and the original "RF
Commando." He called me a liar when I said he had collected 12
callsigns, but I was wrong - one of the callsigns actually belonged to
his wife at the same address. So I guess I was a liar after all. I
should have known that he had a Ham Wife that collected vanity
callsigns, too.

Deignan's buddy in Hawaii loaned him his PO Box number so he could scam
some Hawaiin calls, meanwhile, the Hawaiin PO Box owner was scamming a
Guam callsign. Never been to Guam and could have operated /KH2 like I
did for two years. I guess a Hawaiin Call Stroke Guam Call is a pretty
cool thing...

Anyway, these are the guys who pass judgement on me because I am too
fat, lazy, and stupid to buy into the whole Morse Exam stuff at 5, and
then 13, and then 20 WPM.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

That's the beauty of anon postings, they don't have to follow their own
"style."

I began posting as hot-ham when I gave up Billy Beeper at Hans request.
I'd prefer to not post with my name and/or call as I used to, as I
seem to get lots and lots of spam when I do.

Meanwhile, Robesin has posted my name, call and address much more than
I have.

That's so swell of him.

I guess when Mark posts Robesin's address and phone number, it's just
tit for tat. No?

[email protected] October 29th 06 03:13 AM

wrote:

Who is "Jimmie"? There's a "Jimmie D" who has posted to rrap recently.
I'm not him

Jimmie is the guy who diverts the subject when he is asked under what
other names he's posted to RRAP under. Jimmis is nobody at all.

Dee Flint October 29th 06 03:22 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

wrote in message
ups.com...

Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Slow Code wrote:

Larry, Dee and Me are the only pro 'Keep the code test' people in
the
group anymore.

SC

Then the presentation of sound reasoning has been successful.

No most of them have left due to the spam created by Mark Morgan,

I see Mark Morgan as the necessary balance in the vicious postings by
Robesin.

He doesn't need to create dozens of posts to refute each one.

You don't get to decide that. Has Robesin accused you of lesbian
encounters or pedophilia?

When he does, I'll be sure to keep track of the ratio of Robesin
postings to Dee postings.

Well if such an odd thing should ever happen, I'll killfile him. I refuse
to get sucked into such stupidity.

Many of
Mark's posts are and were quite vicious.

Um, yeh. It's really awful, isn't it? Almost as bad as accusing
people of rape.

I killfiled Morgan the day he made
unacceptable comments about Steve's deceased daughter.

Did you know that his daughter was severly retarded, and he makes jokes
about "the short bus" on RRAP? I doubt that his daughter was well off
enough to ride the short bus that Robesin pokes fun at..

I don't particularly care for either one's tactics and stay out of that
mess.

[...]

Hard to say. One would have to weigh it against the specific wording of the
law and adjudicated cases to determine if it was or was not illegal.

However,
she's an adult and is capable of dealing with these people on her own.

Yeh, right. You didn't like her politics, so she's on her own.

How do you come to that conclusion? I know very little about her politics
and it wouldn't matter if I did. As I recall, she defended her choice far
better than I or anyone else could have done it for her. I supported her
right to choose a legally available call sign even though I thought her
choice a little strange. It's not within my power to make others accept it.

Talk about not just sexist, but bonifide sexual harassment (and Jim
never once chimed in to say boo)....

As tasteless and tacky as it was, it may not have actually meet the legal
definition of sexual harassment. She was not threatened with a job loss or
with an overall loss in her quality of life. Discussion groups are not for
the faint of heart, especially ones like these newsgroups. Participation in
these news groups does not contribute to quality of life in any significant
way. It is an idle and insignificant form of recreation.

She chose the call sign.

I believe she did.

Yup. A simple check of the call sign database shows that it is a vanity
call. So it was hers by choice. I don't recall for sure but didn't she say
she did it on a dare?

It's not up to him or me or any one else to defend
her other than to say it was her right. I believe that I commented that
thought it was a poor choice but it was up to her.

I believe you did just that.

So when a YL wearing a slit skirt and a push-up bra gets raped...?

Not the same thing at all and you very well know it. Her overall quality of
life is seriously affected and her life could even be in danger. Besides
rapists don't care what the victim is wearing. They are looking for some
one they can successfully dominate and terrorize. The shy school girl in
the dowdy clothes hurrying home with her books clutched to her chest is just
as likely or even more likely to be raped than the brazen hookers down on
Eight Mile (that's a Detroit reference).

Was she asking for it and is she on her own?

See my comment above. If I saw some one being threatened with violence and
it were within my power to do something about it, I would. It wouldn't
matter if it were that shy school girl or that brazen hooker. Today, I'd
have to limit myself to calling for help but in my younger, more fit days,
I'd also have taken an active (i.e. physical) part in her defense.

[...]

Nope. Why should I? It accomplishes nothing. I want people to enjoy ham
radio. I want their motivation to develop to be based on the joy they get
out of it and the joy they see others get out of it. Sarcasm does not serve
that objective.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Dee Flint October 29th 06 03:41 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

wrote in message
oups.com...

Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message

So who do you think "Slow Code" is? Coslo? Miccolis? Roll? Deignan?
Dan, Dan the CB Radio Man?

Haven't a clue on Slow Code. The style doesn't sound like Coslo or
Miccolis.

Obviously it's someone who's been here awhile.

Don't really know the style of the other fellows writing.

Troll was the racist poster ("My favorite black on the bus...," and
"Welfare mothers of Color with their hands out...").

I delete such without reading them and generally delete all the resulting
posts.

Deignan was the vanity callsign collector and the original "RF
Commando." He called me a liar when I said he had collected 12
callsigns, but I was wrong - one of the callsigns actually belonged to
his wife at the same address. So I guess I was a liar after all. I
should have known that he had a Ham Wife that collected vanity
callsigns, too.

There are way too many people that confuse honest mistakes with lying.
Don't be one of them. The FCC has been getting on people for doing that and
making them justify the calls or give them up.

Deignan's buddy in Hawaii loaned him his PO Box number so he could scam
some Hawaiin calls, meanwhile, the Hawaiin PO Box owner was scamming a
Guam callsign. Never been to Guam and could have operated /KH2 like I
did for two years. I guess a Hawaiin Call Stroke Guam Call is a pretty
cool thing...

Don't see why. But again the FCC is getting wise to such antics.

Anyway, these are the guys who pass judgement on me because I am too
fat, lazy, and stupid to buy into the whole Morse Exam stuff at 5, and
then 13, and then 20 WPM.

Depends on how bad you want the privileges. Just don't ask for something
for nothing. Originally I had no interest in ham radio but my husband at
the time dragged me to a class as something we could do together. As I got
involved, I found it interesting. I deduced very early on that what I
wanted to get out of ham radio would best be served by going all the way to
Extra. Since I wanted the privileges, I met the requirements including the
20 wpm.

Not everyone wants those privileges. Kim is a case in point. She is a Tech
Plus and could have gotten her General with just a written test and no
further code testing as of April 2000. She chose not to because she did not
really like HF operations. The typical background static of HF bothers her.
Her interests lie in VHF and up. Since she has full privileges there, the
General does not serve her goals.

That's the beauty of anon postings, they don't have to follow their own
"style."

Very true. But it takes a lot of discipline to consistently write in a
different style and not make tell tale slips. When Len Anderson was posting
as Avery Fineman, it was quite obvious they were the same person.

I began posting as hot-ham when I gave up Billy Beeper at Hans request.
I'd prefer to not post with my name and/or call as I used to, as I
seem to get lots and lots of spam when I do.

Meanwhile, Robesin has posted my name, call and address much more than
I have.

That's so swell of him.

I guess when Mark posts Robesin's address and phone number, it's just
tit for tat. No?

Doesn't really matter as with the internet this information is findable one
way or another if one cares to go after it. Posting it here only shows that
you have the internet search skills of any average user and get some kind of
juvenile thrill out of posting it.

Dee, N8UZE

A. G. Bell October 29th 06 04:09 AM

What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

wrote in message
oups.com...

Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

And when Roger Wiseman posts Mark's home address, phone number, etc., is

that just more "tit for tat"? Sorry, Billy, but I prefer to think of that as
maliciousness.

[email protected] October 29th 06 02:42 PM

Slow Code wrote:

I expect you'll say the same thing about the written exam in ten years too.

SC

Not me. Jim/N2EY is the one who trotted out that strawman. I guess if
he can't have amateur radio the way he wants it, he'll make sure it
becomes a non-technical hobby.

[email protected] October 29th 06 02:57 PM

A. G. Bell wrote:

Sorry, Billy, but I prefer to think of that as
maliciousness.

Agreed. Especially when he expresses a desire to get to someone's wife
or children.

Bell, what are you using to post with? It's not attributing correctly.
bb