Old July 19th 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

Default FS: Complete Backpacker's QRP Station

FOR SALE: COMPLETE BACKPACKERS QRP STATION
I have for sale a complete backpacking (cycling, camping) QRP station. All
relevant items fit into a small, weatherproof, insulated, plastic
childrens lunchbox measuring 9 x 7.5 x 4¨ and weighing in at 4 pounds.

The station contains the following items:

1) Wilderness Sierra QRP transceiver with KC/2, BuzzNot, SWR meter,
adjustable power out power level accessories and 8 band modules
2) HF Packer QRP Amplifier
2) WhiteRook MK-44 Pocket Mini Iambic Paddles
3) 1800MA NiCAD 15v battery pack with charger
4) lightweight multi-band tapped dipole with 30'RG-174 feedline and BNC
connector
5) ear-bud headphones
6) all relevant manuals
7) nylon cord and fishing weights for antenna erection

Everything works fantastically. I have communicated around the world with
this rig from some very interesting remote locations and have used it on
backpacking, cycling and camping trips. I am selling only because I am
less active now and do less operating so the station is not being used.

See the website below for Wilderness Sierra QRP specifications. This
Sierra however, is not stock. It has the KC/2 digital readout and keyer,
an SWR meter mod addition, a power level addition, the BuzzNot noise
blanker accessory and an improved final amplifier section.

The HF Packer amplifier has been recently assembled but not tested. I am a
meticulous, experienced kit constructor so there should not be any
problems with the amplifier. The amplifier is obviously provided so you
can use the QRP station as a base at home when conditions are marginal and
you need extra power.

The antenna, case and battery pack are homebrewed from various ideas seen
in QRP magazines and QRP mailing lists and websites. They are all robust
and well made. The tapped, multi-band dipole (40,30,20,15,10M) will work
much better for you than the ridiculous helical whips posing as
backpacking antennas.

New Costs
=========
Rig with band modules = $425
HF Packer Amp = $154
MK-44 = $23
Battery Pack + charger = $35
Antenna = $30
Headphones = $8
Case = $10
TOTAL = $685

Websites
========
http://www.fix.net/~jparker/wilderness/sierra.htm
http://secure.hfprojects.com/index.p...d&productId=17
http://electronicsusa.com/mk.html

I will sell for USD $375 FIRM plus shipping. No splitting up of
components. Shipping to anywhere in North America via Canada Post Surface
will be about $33. To contact me drop the ´fake´ from my email address
( lggagnon AT uniserve.com ) . I can email pictures to interested parties
but please do not waste my time or yours unless you are seriously
interested. Thank you.

Larry VE7EA