Old September 27th 07, 01:42 AM posted to rec.radio.swap

Default Help: Receive Freq ?? 156.xxx mhz Comm. Band

How can I obtain the RX freq for a portable I have? Used a freq counter for
the TX. The radio is programmed via diode matrix (Icom IC-H12) only.
Is there a standard off-set for commerical freqs? Not simplex feer sure.
thanks

Old September 27th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.radio.swap

David or Daphne Schertzer wrote:
How can I obtain the RX freq for a portable I have? Used a freq counter for
the TX. The radio is programmed via diode matrix (Icom IC-H12) only.
Is there a standard off-set for commerical freqs? Not simplex feer sure.
thanks

I don't think there is any 'standard" offset for VHF high band
commercial frequencies.

Two options I can think of-
(1)- If you have access to an older style signal generator that works in
this frequency range, you could tune it across the probably frequency
range until you either hear it, or see the "channel busy" indicator
light up.

(2)- If you know, or can find out who it was licensed to previously, you
could look up the business on the FCC website which should show you what
frequencies were licensed to that business.

Just be aware, that simply knowning the receive frequency may not be
enough. It may also have a CTCSS or DCS code required to open the receiver.

Old September 27th 07, 06:17 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

In article 90DKi.580$x%6.59@pd7urf2no,
"David or Daphne Schertzer" wrote:

How can I obtain the RX freq for a portable I have? Used a freq counter for
the TX. The radio is programmed via diode matrix (Icom IC-H12) only.
Is there a standard off-set for commerical freqs? Not simplex feer sure.
thanks

Read the Diode Matrix, for that Channel in the Radio, and then just
reverse the Matrix Coding Process to recover the Rx Frequency.

This is all spelled out in the Programing Manual in for the H12.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @