Old May 7th 08, 04:07 AM posted to rec.radio.swap

Default still nothing from Dayton

anybody get anything

Old May 7th 08, 04:52 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
CP CP is offline

maybe it has been killed off like other swaps...?
too many lawyers, too little interest
size may not matter - in this case

"r392" wrote in message
anybody get anything

Old May 7th 08, 04:56 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

(CP) wrote in
:

maybe it has been killed off like other swaps...?
too many lawyers, too little interest
size may not matter - in this case

You're kidding, aren't you?

http://www.hamvention.org/

What exactly are you expecting to hear from "them"?

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |
Old May 8th 08, 12:34 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

What exactly are you expecting to hear from "them"?

Flea market tickets. Nothing here as of Wednesday. One week till we leave
and we are not sure they are giving us the same spot as last year. Want to
tell friends where to find us in the flea market. Not even sure they got
our orsder which was mailed in January to meet their deadline. Very
disappointing, been like this the last 3-4 years. They used to send out a
registration package now you have to seek them out on their web site to
register.

Old May 8th 08, 01:29 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

On Tue, 6 May 2008 23:07:21 -0400, "r392" wrote:

anybody get anything

Hi Folks,
I am looking out for my mailman today (Wednesday, May 7 ),
hoping to see that Flea Market space assignment and two Flea Market
Vender admission Tickets package! I sent in my mail copy of the
forms back on February 6 of this year. Payment to be charged to my
credit card. Back on April 8th, I sent an e-mail inquiry to the Flea
Market e-mail address asking the status of my application; I attached
copies of the forms mailed back in February.
Last week Nancy called to reply to my telephone message left
over a month ago. She said that others were working on e-mail
replies and regular mail applications, she was only answering phone
messages. She said that I would get an e-mail when my package was
sent out.
Well, no e-mail notice yet and no charges to my credit card
account. After the mailman passes by today, I guess that my
application fell into the "Black Hole" in the Dayton Hamvention
constellation. If I start all over again and the earlier application
is found, this will result in a double charge to the credit card.
Darn that is what happened last year - deja vu - !
I am getting too old for this, maybe all of this drama will
yield a great Hamvention after all.

No Packet in the mail to Virginia, today and no action on the credit
card account. This is the follow up from my morning e-mail on this
problem. No e-mail or phone call, the Black Hole must have sucked in
all of my attempts to purchase my space and tickets!
Sonny, K4WYS

Old May 8th 08, 09:27 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

Mine came today. Priority mail cost them $4.60. Guess that's what it costs
when you wait till the last minute.

Rick

Old May 8th 08, 09:51 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

Mine came yesterday via Priority Mail.
Ed

Old May 9th 08, 02:43 AM posted to rec.radio.swap

I faxed my request on April 10 for two tailgate spaces
and four tickets. ($220). Sent e-mails and made calls.

Hamvention was supposed to have mailed tailgate space
passes and tailgate tickets on Monday, May 5th, via
USPS Priority mail.

No joy in Maryland as of today, May 8th.

As a side note, I received a (non-hamfest related)
package sent from Nevada on Tuesday, May 6th via USPS
Priority mail. So, I don't think it's a USPS problem.

Query: Are the Hamvention volunteers a bunch of
incompetents? Maybe Hamvention should go back to
hiring a contractor? All these problems started ~two
years ago when Hamvention decided to go all-volunteer.

I hope someone who knows how to write submits articles
to all the major magazines (QST, CQ, WorldRadio, etc.)
describing the "Hamvention Advanced Ticket Sales
Fiasco."

73,
French

-RYRYRYRYRY-

r392 wrote:
anybody get anything

Old May 11th 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.radio.swap

I asked for space #3246 back in Feb. But they lost the mail. Will
pick up package Thursday AM and hope it is the one requested. However
I will be there, somewhere with the following stuff:
Kenwood TS-820 HF Transceiver w/ Operator & Service Manual
Kenwood MC-50 Desk Microphone MFJ-941E Antenna Tuner
MFJ-941E Antenna Tuner
MFJ-1702B Two Position Coax Switch
PALOMAR 300A Amateur Band Bi-Linear Amplifier
Astatic D-104 microphone with Stand that has dual PTT bars
And other stuff Sonny, K4WYS

Dayton HamFest killed by E-Bay NOT JUST DAYTON [email protected] Shortwave 0 May 22nd 06 05:17 AM
F.S. at DAYTON CSFD Swap 0 May 19th 05 03:15 AM
WTB at Dayton CSFD Swap 0 May 18th 05 11:24 PM
FS: AT DAYTON! CSFD Swap 0 May 13th 04 02:53 AM
WTB @ DAYTON AMP357 Swap 0 May 12th 04 12:47 PM