Old June 4th 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

Default MORE...IC-781 For Sale

The IC-781 is in perfect condition. There are no issues or problems
with it.

All of the filters are included.

The original owner’s manual is included.

A special serial device for connecting the 781 to your computer’s
serial port is included.

There is an ICOM IC-781 data cable for a SignaLink USB computer
interface that is also included. So if you want to run PSK31 are you
have to buy is just the SignaLink unit…not the cable.

The CRT is in excellent condition.

The radio has always been operated on 100 vac through a Variac. It
can be run on 120 vac, but it was originally designed to run on 100
vac. If you purchase the radio and want the Variac, I will include it
at no charge. All you have to do is pay the shipping.

The radio has never been shipped since it was purchased. The original
owner picked up the radio from the dealer. When he moved to Georgia
he transported the radio in his car. When I purchased the radio from
him, I drove 300 miles to pick it up.

This radio was designed under a contract from the US Military.

This is the radio used by NATO. Their version has a couple different
filters in it, which you can install if you wish.

Note the fans on the rear of the unit. The fan on the left is the
optional Sherwood Engineering fan kit (which is highly recommended).
The second fan kit was added in the event you want to run RTTY. I
have never used it.

This unit is still in use today by governments around the world,
mostly by the intelligents services.

There is a very easy modification that will allow the radio to
transmit continually from 1.8 MHz to 30MHz.

This is basically a MIL Spec high reliability radio.

Be sure to read the owner reviews on eHam.com. Click on this link to
see thes reviews: http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/399

Click here to see the review of the IC-781 vs. IN-7800 by Johnny Siu
VR2XMC: http://www.ab4oj.com/icom/ic7800/7800v781a.pdf
Please look at the photos carefully.

If you have any questions, please contact me at or
call me in Jacksonville, Florida at 904-821-5055 Eastern Time Zone

PLEASE EMAIL ME FOR PICTURES ( kz3dx at yahoo dot com ).

The price of the radio is $2850 which includes all of the above items
and FREE SHIPPING in the lower 48 states.

Yes, I will ship Internationally, by UPS or the Post Office.

I may accept a trade for a TenTec Omni VII, if you have one available.

Thank you for your interest.

Bill Erfurth
KZ3DX