RadioBanter

-   -   Feedback :TriSquare TSX300-VP 900 MHz xTreme Two Way Radios : Comments? (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/137263-feedback-trisquare-tsx300-vp-900-mhz-xtreme-two-way-radios-comments.html)

Dave Schertzer October 3rd 08 04:35 AM

Feedback :TriSquare TSX300-VP 900 MHz xTreme Two Way Radios : Comments?

Anybody try these newer 900mhz portables? Wondering the range compared
to the standard FRS UHF portables? I think these TSX300's are only
1watt. Comments? Thanks

John October 3rd 08 05:25 PM

On Oct 2, 11:35*pm, Dave Schertzer wrote:
Anybody try these newer 900mhz portables? *Wondering the range compared
to the standard FRS UHF portables? *I think these TSX300's are only
1watt. *Comments? *Thanks

I got about 1.25 miles out of mine. They compare to FRS/GMRS and have
the additional bonus of not requiring a
GMRS license. Plus with all the channels, there is no chance of
getting interfered with. No annoying kids with call tones.

me[_4_] October 3rd 08 05:52 PM

Feedback :TriSquare TSX300-VP 900 MHz xTreme Two Way Radios : Comments?

Actually they don't go quite as far as a 1/2 watt frs on 462. They ARE
neat though. Great for a jobsite, business or flea market. To get a
full mile you have to be out in the open.