Old October 3rd 08, 04:35 AM posted to rec.radio.swap

Default Feedback :TriSquare TSX300-VP 900 MHz xTreme Two Way Radios : Comments?

Anybody try these newer 900mhz portables? Wondering the range compared
to the standard FRS UHF portables? I think these TSX300's are only
1watt. Comments? Thanks
Old October 3rd 08, 05:25 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

On Oct 2, 11:35*pm, Dave Schertzer wrote:
Anybody try these newer 900mhz portables? *Wondering the range compared
to the standard FRS UHF portables? *I think these TSX300's are only
1watt. *Comments? *Thanks

I got about 1.25 miles out of mine. They compare to FRS/GMRS and have
the additional bonus of not requiring a
GMRS license. Plus with all the channels, there is no chance of
getting interfered with. No annoying kids with call tones.
Old October 3rd 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

Actually they don't go quite as far as a 1/2 watt frs on 462. They ARE
neat though. Great for a jobsite, business or flea market. To get a
full mile you have to be out in the open.

On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 20:35:38 -0700, Dave Schertzer
wrote:

Anybody try these newer 900mhz portables? Wondering the range compared
to the standard FRS UHF portables? I think these TSX300's are only
1watt. Comments? Thanks

Any Comments on Realistic Cb Radios ???. Brian Bower CB 9 March 27th 07 01:13 PM
Feedback! James Thompson Homebrew 6 April 26th 06 08:21 AM
FA: Cobra 20XTR Xtreme Street 40 Channel CB Radio TJ CB 0 March 14th 05 03:35 PM
Feedback from the UK requested Mike Terry Shortwave 0 August 20th 04 07:41 PM