Old March 8th 09, 04:32 AM posted to rec.radio.swap

Default JRC 545 for sale

On Jan 28, 8:31*pm, wrote:
Greetings all,

I have been considering putting my 545 up for sale for some time
because I don't use it much any longer . *The radio is in excellent
condition (a minor scratch towards the back of the top cover is the
only blemish which does not detract from its visual appearance) and it
includes a fully functional CHE-199 VHF/UHF wideband converter *(no
"mute" problem as described by others with this model of radio).
There are no gaps in the frequency coverage of the CHE-199 so the
radio tunes continously from 100 kHz up to 1999.999 MHz. *I will also
include the original Instruction Manual, the 138 page Service Manual,
and the original box for the radio. *I also installed a TCXO option
which improves the frequency stability to *+/- 0.5PPM. The serial
number of the radio is RG##773 which I purchased it new in July 2001
from Universal Radio. *It has been well cared for in a non-smoking
environment. *This radio with these options sold for over $2100 new
however I am willing to part for $1600 + shipping. * I can guarantee
the radio works 100%. The variable bandwidth control and variable AGC
makes the radio a dream to operate as this is the finest SSB radio I
have ever used. I can send you pictures if you are interested.

Sincerely,
Bruce KC0WRI

The Radio has been sold.
Bruce