RadioBanter

-   -   Cosmophone 35 (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/149676-cosmophone-35-a.html)

Sabrina Hulett February 9th 10 06:26 PM

Cosmophone 35

I have a cosmophone 35. The model is SSB/AM/CW. RF Final is 6146. Year 1958. Its not in that bad of shape. Needs the dust cleaned off. It also does include a mircophone that came with it. I plugged it up and I can get one light to come on. I want to sale it but I am needing help on how much its worth or even to go to sale. At this point any information would be very helpful. Thank you!!! Sabrina

David Thompson February 10th 10 08:41 PM

Cosmophone 35

Sabrina,

You have a very rare Cosmophone 35 Bi-lateral transceiver. Actually you
have a receiver and a trnsmitter in one box and you can use them separately
or together. This transceiver was built by Cosmos Industries in 1957 and 8.
They upgraded it to a Model 50 and also sold a 1000 which was the same unit
with a 1000W Pep final. As I recall from an article less than 100 35's were
made and only a few 50's and 1000's. These are prized by vintage SSB
collectors. Depending on the condition you can start an Ebay auction at say
$1,000. Or you could sell it on QTH.Com classifieds or Boatanchor
Classfieds for say $2,000. I will try to have Brian, WA5UEK contcat you as
he is the number one expert.
73 Dave Thompson, K4JRB

--
Sabrina Hulett

Cosmophone February 10th 10 09:29 PM

Cosmophone 35

On Feb 9, 12:26*pm, Sabrina Hulett Sabrina.Hulett.
wrote:
I have a cosmophone 35. *The model is SSB/AM/CW. *RF Final is 6146.
Year 1958. *Its not in that bad of shape. * Needs the dust cleaned off.
It also does include a mircophone that came with it. *I plugged it up
and I can get one light to come on. *I want to sale it but I am needing
help on how much its worth or even to go to sale. *At this point any
information would be very helpful. *Thank you!!! Sabrina

--
Sabrina Hulett

Sabrina,

I would like to discuss your Cosmophone. I have several Cosmophones
and am quite knowledgeable about this transceiver. You can reach me
at or by phone 214-763-5977 (preferred). Thank
you. Brian Harris WA5UEK