Old February 9th 10, 06:26 PM
Junior Member

Default Cosmophone 35

I have a cosmophone 35. The model is SSB/AM/CW. RF Final is 6146. Year 1958. Its not in that bad of shape. Needs the dust cleaned off. It also does include a mircophone that came with it. I plugged it up and I can get one light to come on. I want to sale it but I am needing help on how much its worth or even to go to sale. At this point any information would be very helpful. Thank you!!! Sabrina
Old February 10th 10, 08:41 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

Sabrina,

You have a very rare Cosmophone 35 Bi-lateral transceiver. Actually you
have a receiver and a trnsmitter in one box and you can use them separately
or together. This transceiver was built by Cosmos Industries in 1957 and 8.
They upgraded it to a Model 50 and also sold a 1000 which was the same unit
with a 1000W Pep final. As I recall from an article less than 100 35's were
made and only a few 50's and 1000's. These are prized by vintage SSB
collectors. Depending on the condition you can start an Ebay auction at say
$1,000. Or you could sell it on QTH.Com classifieds or Boatanchor
Classfieds for say $2,000. I will try to have Brian, WA5UEK contcat you as
he is the number one expert.
73 Dave Thompson, K4JRB

--
Sabrina Hulett

Old February 10th 10, 09:29 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

On Feb 9, 12:26*pm, Sabrina Hulett Sabrina.Hulett.
wrote:
I have a cosmophone 35. *The model is SSB/AM/CW. *RF Final is 6146.
Year 1958. *Its not in that bad of shape. * Needs the dust cleaned off.
It also does include a mircophone that came with it. *I plugged it up
and I can get one light to come on. *I want to sale it but I am needing
help on how much its worth or even to go to sale. *At this point any
information would be very helpful. *Thank you!!! Sabrina

--
Sabrina Hulett

Sabrina,

I would like to discuss your Cosmophone. I have several Cosmophones
and am quite knowledgeable about this transceiver. You can reach me
at or by phone 214-763-5977 (preferred). Thank
you. Brian Harris WA5UEK

Old March 16th 10, 04:58 AM posted to rec.radio.swap

I bet that thing came from Georgia.

wrote:
I have a cosmophone 35. *The model is SSB/AM/CW. *RF Final is 6146.
Year 1958. *Its not in that bad of shape. * Needs the dust cleaned off.
It also does include a mircophone that came with it. *I plugged it up
and I can get one light to come on. *I want to sale it but I am needing
help on how much its worth or even to go to sale. *At this point any
information would be very helpful. *Thank you!!! Sabrina

--
Sabrina Hulett

Sabrina,

I would like to discuss your Cosmophone. I have several Cosmophones
and am quite knowledgeable about this transceiver. You can reach me
at or by phone 214-763-5977 (preferred). Thank
you. Brian Harris WA5UEK

WTB: Cosmos Industries Cosmophone 35. tongaloa Swap 1 February 9th 10 06:30 PM
Cosmophone 35 Chuck Moore Boatanchors 2 October 12th 03 11:24 PM
Cosmophone 35 Chuck Moore Boatanchors 0 October 12th 03 10:11 PM