Old April 6th 10, 12:23 PM
Junior Member

Location: Kansas
Default Prc-515/ru20

The PRC-515 is 13 wide X 12 tall X 3 inches thick. Weighs in on my not to
dependable scale at 17 lbs. It was made by Rockwell/Collins in Yugoslavia but of
all US standard parts. All writing on it is in Yugoslavian outside, English on teh
inside. It was in design competition with the Hughes PRC-104 and Hughs won
the US contract but Canada bought the PRC-515 and Rockwell got a big
contract with Yugoslavia to build them there as well. Its modular, like the
PRC-104 with the exciter/receiver in one section and amp/coupler in another.
the coupler has three motors in it that switch filters for different frequencies and
when you press the PTT causes automatic switching of capacitance and tunes a
roller inductor that looks to be pretty high Q.
TX from 2-30Mhz, RX from 500 KHz- 30Mhz USB,LSB and AM modes,
constant audio setting for digital modes.

Why am I selling this wonderful rig? Simple, I have 20 Clansman, so my primary hfpack is one of those.
This one is the easiest by far but my bits and pieces are for 320 and 321's.

My price is 1700/SHIPPED for this rig checks out and ready for battle.

73,

Paul AC0MA