Old May 11th 12, 07:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.info

Default QRZ Forums - Hamfest and Convention Calendar for Friday 11 May 2012

QRZ Forums - Hamfest and Convention Calendar

Ham Nation 47: W5KUB and Michael Kalter on Dayton Hamvention

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php...n&goto=newpost

Ham Nation 47: W5KUB and Michael Kalter is available for download and
viewing at http://twit.tv/hn .

Tom Medlin (W5KUB) tells us about W5KUB.com streaming live from Hamvention,
Michael Kalter (W8CI) talks about the Dayton Hamvention, Gordon West
(WB6NOA) shows how to tune in an HF signal, George Thomas (W5JDX) completes
the Frequency Divider and much more.

"Heart of Georgia" Hamfest, Saturday, May 12

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php...2&goto=newpost

I would like to invite everyone to attend the "Heart of

Georgia" hamfest in Byron GA this coming Saturday, May 12.

I will be presenting an 80 year certificate to Harvey Chase,

W4TG. Unfortunately, this presentation will be done

posthumously. Even when Harvey was in the hospital, he

was aware of the presentation. We told him that if we

could not do it in time, we would make the presentation

as a memorial to him. And that is what we will be doing.

My understanding is that this will be done at a special

time in front of the entire hamfest. Harvey was a very

well respected ham and it will be a fitting tribute to him.

If you are in the area, please try to attend. More details

about the hamfest can be found at

http://www.heartofgeorgiahamfest.com/

Of course we will also have our normal QCWA table, and I

invite you to stop by, sign in, and say hello.

Thanks.

73,

Ken, W8EK

Ken Simpson