Old July 15th 03, 09:36 PM
Tom Molyneaux

Default Who deletes messages in the news group ?

Who is the person that deletes messages in the news group ?

Old July 15th 03, 09:56 PM
Zoran Brlecic

Tom Molyneaux wrote:
Who is the person that deletes messages in the news group ?

I am. You have to pay me first - $10 a message.

--

Anti-spam measu look me up on qrz.com if you need to reply directly

Old July 15th 03, 10:10 PM
73 Ya All

Judging from all the Spam, Junk, Nonsense, Off-Topics, Foolishness,
Stupidity, Ignorance, Uninformed and Unsupported Answers, Guesses, Bum Dope,
Hate Posts, Commercial Posts, Fence Posts, Get Rich Quik Schemes, PP -
Political Posts, et. al.

NOBODY !!!!

But what the hey -- its free and relatively anonymous.
But some (many ?) of the posts are excellent.
Seriously, it is unmoderated as far as I know.

See newsgroup guidelines at URL:
http://faqs.jmas.co.jp/FAQs/radio/personal-intro

Most here have never read them or just ignore them, probably the latter.

Old July 16th 03, 02:54 AM
TJJMC

H.A.L. does!

Old July 16th 03, 04:00 AM
VHFRadioBuff

Who is the person that deletes messages in the news group ?

No one. Messages on the newsgroups float around in CyberSpace forever. You can
pick up articles from the 1980's on Google.com, from the days when it was
refered to as usenet, the internet didn't exist and FidoNet was a big deal on a
lightning fast 9600 baud BBS.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73! de Andy KC2SSB (ex: KF4KHC/HL9HCT)
Beachwood, NJ USA! Grid FM29vw
http://vhfradiobuff.tripod.com
Fight Spam! http://spamcop.net
National "Do Not Call" Registry: http://donotcall.gov

Old July 16th 03, 11:30 AM
Wlegee

on aol the message is deleted after you read it. The next time you log in it is
gone.
Old July 16th 03, 05:27 PM
ki0pa

Geez AOL. Like anyone using AOL has a clue what they are talking
about. lol ( rolls my eyes )

Old July 16th 03, 06:47 PM
Floyd Davidson

"Ryan, KC8PMX" wrote:
YOU, if you are using Outlook Express. Go to TOOLS, then OPTIONS, then
click on the MAINTENANCE tab, then choose CLEAN UP NOW, and you can delete
the messages for the newsgroups. Make sure you specify the newsgroups and
not your other folders etc. I clean mine out daily.

A more appropriate action for users of Outhouse Express is to go
find a decent newsreader!

--
Floyd L. Davidson http://web.newsguy.com/floyd_davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
Old July 16th 03, 09:00 PM
AA

Geez AOL. Like anyone using AOL has a clue what they are talking
about. lol ( rolls my eyes )

Don't diss it too badly...some of us use this POBGF only because we get it for
free. Of course, considering what you get, that is about the right price. :=)
My CEO has it, thus we all get company AOL accounts. I'd rather have a raise,
TBH.

A (quite Scots....why turn down free access??)

(Altairs, Vic 20's, PDP11's, and my homebrew 8008. What a way to start in
computers. Wish I kept my Altair, tho!)

Old July 17th 03, 02:11 AM
ThomasS

....and don't forget the Gophers for searching FTP sites.