Old September 16th 03, 01:05 AM
Michael Brandt

Default Standard C508A looking for antenna adapter

Looking for an antenna adapter to fit the miniature fitting on
my C508A mini HT.

Thanks KA0PWW
Mpls, MN

Old September 16th 03, 01:16 AM
Nitespark

Michael Brandt wrote:

Looking for an antenna adapter to fit the miniature fitting on
my C508A mini HT.

You didn't say what kind of connector you wanted to adapt it to. BNC???
Lots of those around. Does this look like something you need??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ategory=46 71

Andy
WD4KDN

--
An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject.
An armed society is a polite society.

Old September 16th 03, 01:35 AM
Michael Brandt

Its very close...But SMA end looks to be too large. That one would slide
right over the threads if this one. But it is very close!
Anyone who may have a C508A would know exactly what I'm talking about.

Old September 16th 03, 01:42 AM
Nitespark

Trust me....the C508A has an SMA female connector. I have a C510 and
used to have a C508.

Old September 16th 03, 01:56 AM
Michael Brandt

I'll take your word for it...it just looked a bit large on the sma end.
I appreciate the info very much...thanks.
I'll go there and pick one up. Thanks again! Mike (KA0PWW)

Old September 16th 03, 03:18 AM
Nitespark

Another source you may want to check.....

http://www.jameco.com/cgi-bin/ncomme...r=501 &ctgys=

these adapters can get a bit pricey. Pasternack has them for up to
$29.95 each. These are for the "precision" adapters and I don't know
how they differ in performance for the cheaper ones.

Andy
WD4KDN

Old September 16th 03, 03:45 AM
Ed Cregger

My memory isn't all that good, Michael, but if you take the radio to Radio
Shack, they can probably fix you up. It's a TNA adapter, I'm fairly sure.
Good luck.

Ed Cregger