Old September 27th 03, 01:36 AM
w6ym

Default WTB IFR 1000A/S parts units

I am looking for IFR 1000/S and 1000A units for parts. Also looking for
service manuals for both.

Thanks, Fred W6YM

Old August 2nd 11, 11:02 PM
Junior Member

Location: displaced upstete NY'er in fl

I happen to have a complete 1000a in my front room. I know little about it besides it looks cool and weighs a lot. Has a battery pack in good shape but has weathering on the external transformer and the other thing that sticks out the back/bottom as the unit was stored in a shed before I received it.. The power cord was damaged and had no plug. Trying to find out more a friend sent me to a local ham who connected it to power properly with a variable power supply dialed up slowly but we got no response. Whether this was due to not having switches properly flipped or a bad transformer I do not know. I found that working they can sell for quite a bit but It's beyond my skill level/desire as I have cars to tinker with at the moment. All switches and dials on the face move/work and it has a "battery oven" switch which I learned heats the crystal as opposed to cooking a battery... I think. Should be a very good internal parts machine as the box/shell is built like an ammo case and undamaged. I'm in fl and I'm sure shipping wouldn't be cheap, much less finding a box that would hold it safely. I doubt that ups would just let me put an address label on the outer shell. Fell free to email me a

Quote:
Originally Posted by w6ym View Post
I am looking for IFR 1000/S and 1000A units for parts. Also looking for
service manuals for both.

Thanks, Fred W6YM

HP-606a TEK 535a parts Robert Mozeleski Boatanchors 2 May 5th 12 02:11 PM
a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
HP-606a TEK 535a parts Robert Mozeleski Homebrew 2 May 30th 04 08:26 AM
FA: Two - Gonset VHF & 6-Meter Converters (parts units) LJ Boatanchors 0 January 19th 04 07:29 PM
FS: Knight Kit T-60 Transmitter Parts Unit Larry Johnson Boatanchors 3 November 15th 03 12:45 AM