RadioBanter

-   -   Power capacity of SMALL VHF/UHF magmount (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/50403-power-capacity-small-vhf-uhf-magmount.html)

Dave Edwards October 3rd 03 10:56 PM

Power capacity of SMALL VHF/UHF magmount

You've all seen those tiny VHF/UHF magmounts at hamfests...usually black,
and
resemble a cellular antenna?? The magnet is about the diameter of a quarter
(never fell off though!!)
They are complete with thin RG174 coax.
Any idea what the power handling capacity of these jobs are??
Would a 50 watt rig melt it?
How 'bout 35?
Just curious...before I smoke test it!!
Thanks for your thoughts
....Dave

Dave Platt October 4th 03 12:07 AM

In article ,
Dave Edwards wrote:

You've all seen those tiny VHF/UHF magmounts at hamfests...usually black,
and
resemble a cellular antenna?? The magnet is about the diameter of a quarter
(never fell off though!!)
They are complete with thin RG174 coax.
Any idea what the power handling capacity of these jobs are??

The Iron Horse IHMM270 dual-band mini mag mount antenna seems to be
rated for 50 watts on 2-meters, and 25 watts on 70 cm.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO