Old October 3rd 03, 10:56 PM
Dave Edwards

Default Power capacity of SMALL VHF/UHF magmount

You've all seen those tiny VHF/UHF magmounts at hamfests...usually black,
and
resemble a cellular antenna?? The magnet is about the diameter of a quarter
(never fell off though!!)
They are complete with thin RG174 coax.
Any idea what the power handling capacity of these jobs are??
Would a 50 watt rig melt it?
How 'bout 35?
Just curious...before I smoke test it!!
Thanks for your thoughts
....Dave

Old October 4th 03, 12:07 AM
Dave Platt

In article ,
Dave Edwards wrote:

You've all seen those tiny VHF/UHF magmounts at hamfests...usually black,
and
resemble a cellular antenna?? The magnet is about the diameter of a quarter
(never fell off though!!)
They are complete with thin RG174 coax.
Any idea what the power handling capacity of these jobs are??

The Iron Horse IHMM270 dual-band mini mag mount antenna seems to be
rated for 50 watts on 2-meters, and 25 watts on 70 cm.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO
Old October 4th 03, 12:51 AM
Dave Edwards

Thanks Dave...that is the info I was looking for. And that is the antenna
exactly!!!
...Dave