Old November 10th 03, 05:30 PM
Henry Kolesnik

Default Yaesu FT-1500M ?

I know this is probably not the place to ask but there's probabl;y more
knowledgeabel user here, so here goes. I was haviing problems with the
squelch so I performed a reset, and you need
4 baby fingers to do that! Since the reset I've lost ARS, I have no
repeater offset and regardless of what I do I can't get that funtion to
respond. All the other menu functions respond per the manual. Have I done
something wrong or is there a trick? Is there a 1500 user group, I found
one listing for mods but that's it.
tnx
hank wd5jfr

Old November 10th 03, 06:05 PM
Ken Bessler

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
I know this is probably not the place to ask but there's probabl;y more
knowledgeabel user here, so here goes. I was haviing problems with the
squelch so I performed a reset, and you need
4 baby fingers to do that! Since the reset I've lost ARS, I have no
repeater offset and regardless of what I do I can't get that funtion to
respond. All the other menu functions respond per the manual. Have I

done
something wrong or is there a trick? Is there a 1500 user group, I found
one listing for mods but that's it.
tnx
hank wd5jfr

There is a group for 1500's, although there are not many users......

Hope that helps.....

Ken KG0WX

Old November 10th 03, 11:28 PM
Robert Kubichek

Try doing a full reset again. I have large digits too, and find it
difficult. Then use the Windows software with adapter cable to program
your 1500. I do, and do not have any probles, as a keyboard is MUCH
larger than thos little rubber keys on the 1500... 8-)

Bob N9LVU

Old November 11th 03, 01:53 PM
R. Belcher

A lot of radios lose the ARS in conjunction with the "wideband"
modification. If you did a mod, that may be something to consider also....
rb

--

=

Old November 11th 03, 02:31 PM
Henry Kolesnik

I bought it used and I think the mod was done. Now to figure out how to put
it back? Any tips appreciated.
73
hank wd5jfr

reply: m3425man at bevcomm.net

Powered by Mandrake Linux, no reboots since 5 February, 2003

A Star Tribune letter writer expressed frustration that Tim
Pawlenty and the House aren't listening to her desire to pay
more taxes. She need not feel so frustrated. She is perfectly
free to send any amount of her income to the government or the
nonprofit of her choice. The unstated reason for the frustration
is that she wants the House to raise everyone else's taxes to
pay for the social programs she desires.

Announcing the 'new' Yaesu FRG-7700 Receiver Users eGroup on YAHOO ! RHF Shortwave 1 November 9th 10 11:37 PM
Fox Tango International, Yaesu Users Groups w4clm Antenna 1 December 24th 04 11:48 AM
Comparision: Grundig 400 vs. Yaesu FRG-100 Dochuge Shortwave 5 January 13th 04 09:59 AM
YAESU NI4L CB 1 November 29th 03 04:16 PM
FS: Yaesu FT-897 w/Accessories Paul Vanasse Shortwave 0 July 10th 03 08:39 PM