Old November 11th 03, 02:44 PM
Mike

Default FS: Hallicrafters SR-400A with PS-500A and more...

This SR-400A station is about the cleanest one you can find. It is in
excellent cosmetic and electrical condition... collector quality.

The SR-400A is a late one, 1971/72. It has no vices and operates at
full output(275 watts). It has the original fan. This radio was the
pinacle of the art in it's time. It was made after Hallicrafters was
sold to Northrup.Northrup improved on the original SR-400 .... more
power, fan, teflon wiring and ceramic caps and a hotter receiver. It
was meant to compete with the Collins KWM-2 and most who have had both
will tell you the SR-400A is a much better receiver and has more
features then the Collins. Also included is the PS-500A power supply
and speaker which was purchased new with this particular radio,an
excellent Johnson(Turner 545C type) microphone, full set of all brand
new tubes,including a new set of 6KD6 finals, a spare new fan,original
manuals, and the original boxes although they are pretty well worn.

Photos are available on my web page.... follow the links:
http://webpages.charter.net/w9wis

eMail with questions.... asking $850 plus actual shipping costs. I
hate to sell this rig.... I'll never find another one this nice... but
I need the funds for another project.

Mike Melland, W9WIS
Winneconne, WI 54986
Old November 14th 03, 03:36 AM
RLucch2098

You hardly ever see these Mike!
That one is a real beauty & I wish I could afford it, its well worth the price
though.
GL..

Thanks es 73...........RICH-WA2RQY
Web-Page URL
HTTP://members.aol.com/rlucch2098/index.html