Old November 30th 03, 05:22 PM
Quarterwave Radio

Default S/W and Cables for Cougar and Panther Radios...

Info seems to be scarce, does anyone know where/how to get a cable and
software to program the ComNet Panther, Cougar, etc radios? I can't even
find a dealer that can. There are a ton of these for sale right now for
cheap, brand new. I am guessing ComNet is dumping the line and they are
playing cut-my-losses and whoring them out to anyone who will buy in bulk.
Brand new 40 watt 6 channel UHFs going for $50. I heard it was a decent,
usuable radio. If I could only find software!

Don't take life too seriously,
or you will never get out alive.

Old December 14th 03, 05:30 AM
R. Belcher

Actually ComNet dumped them on MA/COM and 'tis they who do the pimpin' to
any John buyin'....
Last few I saw were going out the door new in box for like $40 each. GMRS
fans should be cheering.....
I have a Cougar and Panther I just got today... (traded a motorola desk mic
for them) both appear to be at least 1.5 notches above the FRS stuff being
sold on the open market, so for dirt cheap, yes... I think they're worth $50
each. (Shipping included) Say, decent or useable, but not both. hehe....

Let me know if you find the software, because these would make great radios
for the kids/garage/high-crime areas.
rb