Old December 19th 03, 02:10 PM
N2ION

Default WANTED

NOT USING YOUR ANTENNA ANYMORE?

IS YOUR RIG COLLECTING DUST?

LONG ISLAND MOBILE AMATEUR RADIO CLUB IS

LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF AMATEUR RADIO GEAR FOR

EMERGENCY COMMUNICATION. WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOW

BAND YAGIS LIKE THE MOSLEY TA-33 OR TA-33 JR, AND

VERTICALS, RADIOS, ROHN TOWERS OR VARIOUS CRANKUP

TOWERS TO USE FOR EMERGENCY COMMUNICATION AND

OUR FIELD DAY EFFORT.

IF YOU DONATE SOME EQUIPMENT TO OUR CLUB, YOU WILL

GET A GENEROUS TAX LETTER, AND YOU'LL BE HELPING A

WORTHY CAUSE.

EMAIL AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE!

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Old December 24th 03, 02:08 PM
Mitch

NOT EVERYONE IS SO CONCERNED AS YOU REGARDING THE USE OF CAPS. THERE IS NO
LAW, RULE OR OTHER COVENANT BARING THE USE OF THIS FORM OF ELECTRONIC
COMMUNICATION. SOME OF US PREFER THIS AS IT IS EASIER TO READ...BACK OFF,
THIS IS A SWAP GROUP NOT A MODERN DAY INTERNET ETIQUETTE FORUM!

"Evan Platt" wrote in message
On 19 Dec 2003 14:10:30 GMT, (N2ION) wrote:

NOT USING YOUR ANTENNA ANYMORE?

IS YOUR RIG COLLECTING DUST?

Just a suggestion.. Don't post in all caps. You'll loose most people
after the first line.

Old December 24th 03, 04:10 PM
Ghost Writer

.net...

"Evan Platt" wrote in message
On 19 Dec 2003 14:10:30 GMT, (N2ION) wrote:

NOT USING YOUR ANTENNA ANYMORE?

IS YOUR RIG COLLECTING DUST?

Just a suggestion.. Don't post in all caps. You'll loose most people
after the first line.

There are some on the news groups who use all caps as they have vision
problems and they prefer caps so they can read the type easier. There are -
I believe - things to incorporate to read back (in voice) the text to those
with sight problems, and there are the built in Magnifier set ups. I've
tried the latter for my own aging eyes. To me, they're a pain. Maybe some
don't know how to set them up or like in my case, just not that great for
personal preference. I don't know. But even though it is "rude" according to
netiquette - as they say - to use all caps, some just can't help it. They
must. So, before going off on someone, think about it.. they "may" have a
vision problem. There is nothing wrong with them using that form of
communication and we should not be so quick to disregard them. We all need
to exercise some respect and patience. Some day we all may be to that point.
It is a tough issue - that is for sure, as all caps is meant as "screaming"
in print. But again, that is only because we have made it that way. It isn't
set in stone as a rule. G.W. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL