Old December 24th 03, 03:31 AM
KC9CFO

Default WTB: Speaker/mic and Power supply for Icom IC-U16 HT

I wish to find a speaker/mic and a power supply for the Icom IC-U16
HT. The part number for the speaker/mic, I believe, is K-HM46, but
I do not know the part number for the power supply. I do know that
the external power needs to be 13.8Vdc (? on the current) and the
power supply plugs into the top of the radio. Is the p.s. a wall
cube unit? Any help in this would be appreciated.
73, kc9cfo
Old December 24th 03, 03:56 AM
Steve Uhrig

On 23 Dec 2003 19:31:33 -0800, (KC9CFO) wrote:

I wish to find a speaker/mic and a power supply for the Icom IC-U16
HT. The part number for the speaker/mic, I believe, is K-HM46, but
I do not know the part number for the power supply. I do know that
the external power needs to be 13.8Vdc (? on the current) and the
power supply plugs into the top of the radio. Is the p.s. a wall
cube unit? Any help in this would be appreciated.

There were two speaker mikes at least for the U16.

The far more popular one was a CM9 and looks like a dark gray pingpong
ball on a coiled cord. CM9 was the commercial version/part number. The
amateur version for the 02AT was HM9 (I think), absolutely identical
item except for being half the price.

There was an H-something part number which was a very inexpensive
matchbox sized low profile mike. The speaker is so small you can't get
enough volume to be usable, and it's rare to find one of the tiny
mikes with the spring clip still intact.

Other portable speaker mikes from Yaesu, Midland, Maxon, etc. with the
standard mini and submini phone jacks also will work. Other brands
will work on ICOM. ICOM will work only on ICOM.

The power supply was a regulated wall wart, fairly large physically at
about an amp. You can use any flavor of regulated 12VDC supply which
will supply an amp or better. Any other brand will be cheaper than
ICOM's and work as well. The power connector is a standard coaxial
power connector, 2.1mm center, 5.5mm shell, center positive. I
don't remember the part number but the supply is long extinct.

I have some of all of these if you are interested. Mail me off list.

Regards ... Steve WA3SWS

Steve Uhrig, SWS Security, Maryland (USA)
Mfrs of electronic surveillance equip
website
http://www.swssec.com
tel +1+410-879-4035, fax +1+410-836-1190
"In God we trust, all others we monitor"