Old December 24th 03, 10:11 PM

Default Help: Celwave Ant Or DB Products?

Thanks for all the replies on my antenna problems.
I have a 41 Foot tower and I'm actually pretty high
at my location, but I'm in a valley here, So for VHF
I need a very good gain VHF repeater antenna.
So I'm asking all the repeater Guru's out here
which to buy: Super StationMaster OR DB 224 Anteena?
I want to put it on the very top of tower.
Which is better gain and less noise,etc.
Hope to hear from people soon.
Thanks and Happy Holidays.............Rich

Old December 27th 03, 04:22 AM
Ed G.

So I'm asking all the repeater Guru's out here
which to buy: Super StationMaster OR DB 224 Anteena?
I want to put it on the very top of tower.
Which is better gain and less noise,etc.

You left out a third quality manufacturer... Andrew; certainly the
equal of the other two above.

As far as your choice of antennas, price aside, I'd take the DB 224, or
equivilent (the other two vendors make this kind too). Its advantages:
physically superior to wind and ice, equal omnidirectional gain compared
with the station master, but you can easily configure the pattern to fit
your needs, such as a 9dB lobe, or a figure 8 pattern, etc. The station
master without physical support of the top is known to have internal
connection failures when exposed to severe wind. The DB 224 doesn't. The
DB 224 also has superior DC ground for lightning protection over the
station master.

Those are my thoughts. You'll see a lot more of the DB 224s in Canada
and in other extreme weather environments compared to here in the U.S.

Ed WB6SAT