Old January 7th 04, 01:16 AM
Michael Black

"Dick B" ) writes:
PEOPLE USE LAPTOPS TO PROGRAM RADIOS ETC.

Maybe so, but the reason you post is to sell something, not to be
helfpul.

rec.radio.amateur.misc is not a forsale newsgroup. Neither, do
I assume, are the two laptop newsgroups that you originally posted
to (but which you've now taken out of the cross-posting.

rec.radio.swap I thought wasn't intended for computers, though at
least it is intended as a buying and selling newsgroup, unlike
the other three.

But just because something can be related to a subject, does not
mean it should be posted there. The whole point of specific newsgroups
is to group related matters, and once you start suggesting "this
can be used with radio [or whatever]" then you open the floodgates
for any kind of forsale ad.

The only thing that matters to you is that you want to sell this
computer, and you make the mistake that it will sell faster if
you post to more newsgroups.

Michael VE2BVW

"Rev.RP Jones" wrote in message
Im not singling anybody in particular out but what the hell all this stuff
this have do with radios !!!.
..and I don't mean those evil PC receiver card's.

-Rev RP

"RCM" wrote in message
Ive been seeing 2.4 Ghz Celeron processor laptops for around 800-1000 at
Best Buy and Circuit City.

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"Wheeler.Dealer" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Uhh,

2400Mhz new @ $699
2400Mhz / 600Mhz = 4
$699/4 = $175
$175 * 60% (used) = $ 105

Where can you buy a 2.4GHz laptop for $700?? Cheapest we can buy them

in
the
PX (which is cheaper than any computer store back home) is about

$1200,
plus
or minus a few $.. maybe you're thinking of desktop or tower machines,
which
are a lot cheaper than laptops..

Laptops FS Home of The Perfect Storm General 12 January 22nd 04 10:51 PM
Laptops FS joe Policy 0 January 8th 04 12:14 PM
FS Ham Gear, 400W linear for FT817, Laptops, Test Equipment mike Swap 0 September 9th 03 01:54 AM