Old February 24th 04, 01:26 PM
Chris Boone

You have TWO of them but you don't want to open them up?????

Broadcast stations (AM directionals) and consulting engineers would pay
a hefty price for those...WHY are you just sitting on them??????

BTW the models a
FIM 22 which covers down into the LF range 220-550 kHz
FIM 41 which covers AM BC band 500kHz to 5 MHz
FIM 71 VHF range (VHF TV and FM) 4MHz to 225 MHz
FIM 72 UHF range 450-960 MHz

The 22 and 72 are rare and are special order only from Potomac.
The 71 is seen more often than the 41 on Ebay, etc...

Chris
WB5ITT at arrl . net
Houston Telecom
Telecom/Broadcast consulting
Houston, TX

Phil Witt wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 06:42:03 -0800, Ray Collins
*remove wrote:

As my old brain remembers they were regenerative, fair size meter on the
front, well made case with rounded corners, the size of a lunchbox and
stored in a wooden box. I think Potomac Instruments may be the one.
Now there's just finding one. ;-)

The Potomac FIM-41, which covers the broadcast band, is see on Ebay
from time to time. There was another one with broader coverage that
I've never seen for sale anywhere. Those might even be considered
rare. Still a ton of 41s and the older ones still in use by AM
directional stations. I've got two of them sitting right here but I
don' want to open them up. Best I recall they are just standard
portable radio type superhets without AVC.

--
Replace NOSPAM with 1st initial and last name for direct reply!