Old January 20th 04, 06:49 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Ed G." wrote in message
. ..

Seems to me that they should bump up the current General class to
Advanced class.
This way people who worked hard to get to General will not be locked in
with the no code
folks. That seems fair?.

They're planning on eliminating the Advance Class license.

Ed WB6SAT

Just had a note from a friend of mine. An Advanced, 13wpm licensee. He was
very unhappy that he will be 'lumped' into the new 'welfare extra' class.
Can't say as I blame him one bit.

Dan/W4NTI

Old January 20th 04, 06:50 PM
Dan/W4NTI

Exactly what I was thinking Dan.

Dan/W4NTI

"Dan Mattingly N0FQN" wrote in message
Just what we need. Lazy belly aching people who want something for

nothing.
They'll get the HF bands and not appreciate what they have becuase they
didn't have to work for it. Just like everything else in this country.

Make
it conveient or I'll complain and bitch about it and find someway to MAKE
you change it for me. I deeply appreciate my PRIVILEGES on HF because I
worked hard to get them.
I guess the next step is 4 watts RMS and 12 watts PEP and Channelize the
bands and of course NO TESTING!!!! God forbid we should ask them to take a
test..

Dan N0FQN

"Mark Russo" wrote in message
One of these below will get you there...

Seems to me that they should bump up the current General class to
Advanced class.
This way people who worked hard to get to General will not be locked in
with the no code
folks. That seems fair?.

http://www.remote.arrl.org/news/stor.../01/19/1/?nc=1

Click he ARRLWeb: ARRL to Propose New Entry-Level License, Code-Free
HF Access

Old January 20th 04, 07:16 PM

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:07:20 -0600, "Michael Brandt"
wrote:

What happens with all the Advanced Class licensees who worked
hard to get where they are? Do they just become general class or
are they given Extra Class licenses because the tests they had to take
at the FCC field office were harder than the extra class license of today
and and had to pass a higher code test than required today?
I am not familiar with the plan the FCC has but it will be interesting to
see if the advanced class is treated fairly.

KA0PWW in Minneapolis

You will be grandfathered to Extra Class. :-)

The FCC dropped the Advanced as a new ticket but retained present
holders- and could be renewed. This way they don't. You finally get
what you really earned by taking the older test.

:-)

Old January 20th 04, 07:29 PM
sammmm

we'll be just another bunch of CBers.
look at the cesspool of the citizen band.
that's what 'unlicensed' does.
sam

--
toys:
diesel BMW motorcycle, homebuilt electric motorcycle, gold wing trike, honda

Old January 20th 04, 08:56 PM
ergo

2 CENTS=worthless

"Mark Russo" wrote in message
That is exactly why they should keep it. People who worked for their

General

and passed the code test should not be combined with those who did not.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Old January 20th 04, 08:58 PM
ergo

stop thinking
it is almost a done deal
wahhhhhhh

ink.net...

Old January 20th 04, 08:58 PM
ergo

cry cry babbbyyyyyyy

"HT3" wrote in message
gy.com...
Isn't this the same thing that happened to the CB culture
in the mid to late 70's? Back then you had to license, but
all of a sudden that was too inconvenient. So licensing was
eliminated and every hemorrhoid could get a radio and ruin
the band.

Old January 20th 04, 09:00 PM
ergo

yup
lots of morons here

"Bill Turner" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 04:43:08 GMT, Mark Russo
wrote:

One of these below will get you there...

I wondered who would be the first moron to post this off-topic item on
rec.radio.swap (and other newsgroups).

Now we know.

--
Bill, W6WRT

GRAYLAND 2004 FALL DXPEDITION: Compiled Logs for Oct 15-17 (Part 1) 4nradio Shortwave 4 November 1st 04 10:44 PM
ARRL Propose New License Class & Code-Free HF Access Lloyd Mitchell Antenna 43 October 26th 04 01:37 AM
ARRL and the local scene KØHB Policy 3 May 17th 04 02:30 AM
Response to "21st Century" Part Two (Communicator License) N2EY Policy 0 November 30th 03 01:28 PM
Low reenlistment rate charlesb Policy 54 September 18th 03 01:57 PM