Old January 25th 04, 05:33 PM
Joe

Default fs: Kenwood TM-255a

Kenwood TM-255a two meter all mode mobile rig.

This is considered one of the best 2m ssb rigs around. It has 40W output, a
detachable front, and things that are more typical of hf rigs, like a speech
processor, noise blanker, if shift, rit and aip. There are 100 memories
plus a call channel. It also does the dcs encode, I think. It has the pl
encoder, which I'm sure was standard equipment. This was a very expensive
rig when new, and the weak signal guys like them because their rx is
bulletproof. I guess if you're interested in the rig, you probably know
what it has or doesn't have.

I have the rig, the mic and the mount, no manual. It is in real good shape
except for where some previous owner wrote his call on the top rear of the
cover. I have not tried to get it off, but after I post this I'll see if
some 409 or some other not too strong household cleaner will remove the
writing.

I'd take $400 plus shipping.

I also have the voice board for it, but that would be $50 extra.