Old February 5th 04, 02:44 AM
David Bufkin

Default Motorola HT-50

Does anyone know how to program a motorola ht-50 if so please tell me what i
need and if the uhf model will work on 70 cm ham Thanks David

Old February 5th 04, 04:31 AM
Steve Uhrig

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 20:44:34 -0600, "David Bufkin"
wrote:

Does anyone know how to program a motorola ht-50 if so please tell me what i
need and if the uhf model will work on 70 cm ham Thanks David

You need a Motorola or equivalent RIB (Radio Interface Box), a cable
to connect the RIB to the radio, and the appropriate RSS (Radio
Service Software) for that model radio.

It's not practical for one radio.

The programming cable actually is a fixture which holds a 9 volt
battery to power the radio, as you program through the battery
connection.

Several gentlemen here could sell you anything you need other than the
RSS. That needs to be purchased directly from Motorola, licensed to
you.

You're probably looking at $500 if you shop carefully.

Best would be to inquire for a Motorola service facility who could
program the thing for you. I may know of one and there certainly are
several on this list who could. Email me off list if interested.

You can program the radio to 70cm channels by monkeying with a file in
the RSS, but you need to do a hardware alignment to recover receive
sensitivity. More info probably on www.batlabs.com.

Steve WA3SWS

Steve Uhrig, SWS Security, Maryland (USA)
Mfrs of electronic surveillance equip
website http://www.swssec.com
tel +1+410-879-4035, fax +1+410-836-1190
"In God we trust, all others we monitor"