Old February 23rd 04, 04:01 AM
PDRUNEN

Default clean knobs

Hi Group,

I want to clean up the knobs on my FT-757. I want to remove them and then put
them in some type of cleaner.

Anyone tell me of a sure way to make plastic knobs look new?

Paul de KJ4UO

Old February 23rd 04, 04:42 AM
Steve

Hi, on many of the radios I get used I usually use an old tooth brush and some
windex.
Usually looks great when done!

Old February 23rd 04, 04:50 AM
Bob Parnass

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 04:01:48 +0000, PDRUNEN wrote:

I clean equipment knobs by placing them in an ultrasonic cleaner.
It's great at getting the dirt out from between the
flutes or from knurled knobs.

Bob Parnass, AJ9S GNU/Linux User http://parnass.com

Old February 23rd 04, 01:28 PM
Glenn AA5PK

"PDRUNEN" wrote in message
... wrote:
Anyone tell me of a sure way to make plastic knobs look new?

A solution of Oxyclean will work wonders.
73 de Glenn

Old February 24th 04, 03:12 AM
Rich Carlson, N9JIG

You can also put plastic or bakelite knobs in a dish with a couple
denture tablets overnight. I did that with several plastic parts of a
radio I bought from a heavy smoker who had also spilled some soda on the
mic. I jst disassembled the mic and control heads, put the plastic in a
dish with 3 or 4 denture tablets and in the morning rinsed them off and
let them dry the rest of the day. That evening I reassembled the radio
and it looked like it was brand new!
Old February 26th 04, 12:18 AM
Bill Turner

THE BEST I HAVE FOUND IS "SHIP - SHAPE" CLEANER, INTENDED TO CLEAN THE
GREASE OUT OF COMBS ETC IN BARBER AND BEAUTY SHOPS. ITS EXPENSIVE, BUT
I WILL SELL YOU ENOUGH TO MAKE A QT. OF SOLUTION WHICH IS REUSABLE
LITERALLY FOR YEARS. $2.00 POSTPAID

CHECK MY WEBSITE: www.dialcover.com
Bill Turner, excuse caps, short answers, stroke.
Business SASE, each order a copy of The Pocket Resource Guide.