Old February 25th 04, 04:22 PM
MNS

Default "OLD" Motorola equip worth?

I have acquired a Motorola Base Radio in reasonably good physical
condition - about an 8.5 - 9 out of 10. It was put away for a long time,
brought out and used for a while for a secondary base radio for more of a
"portable" set up than a base, then stored again. So, it "probably" still
works. I have the whip antenna that goes with it. The only thing missing is
the mic, which I'm sure I could supply one of to put it back to a complete
set. This set has the "CD" label(s) affixed to it from yesteryear. This
sucker is built like tank and seems to weigh as much.

Model: L41GGB-4
Trans Type: TA104

I'm not so sure I'm wanting to part with it, as it is sort of a sentimental
value to me as well... But just curious if there is any "antique" value to
it? Even if I were to "part" with it, any buyer would have to pay a good
chunk of change to ship this thing. So... I don't see that happening any
time soon anyway. If it isn't worth anything, that is ok too. I'm just
curious, as I do know "some" do collect radios. While I'm not a "collector"
of them, this one holds some importance to me - for the present time. I have
one other Base radio from there which is "sort of history", made by a now
defunct company. I've yet to decide what to do with it. An old RCA - Solid
State LB Base. Hopefully that is as big as that collection gets.

TIA for any ideas.

MNS