Old April 2nd 04, 01:20 AM
Steve

Default FA: *last hour* LAFAYETTE HA-460 6 METER, NEAR MINT

Take a look if you like.

THANKS to all who looked!!!

Old April 3rd 04, 05:14 PM
Evan Platt

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 00:20:16 GMT, Steve
wrote:

Take a look if you like.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=

Why post a "Ending in one hour" post? Your message won't propogate in
under an hour in most cases.

Old April 3rd 04, 10:24 PM
Steve

Depends on who does you newsgroups.
It posted here in 90 seconds!
Also, according to ebay's hit counter it jumped
about 60 hits in that time. Seems some systems get it faster than others.
Thanks

Old April 5th 04, 04:00 AM
Evan Platt

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 21:24:10 GMT, Steve
wrote:

Depends on who does you newsgroups.
It posted here in 90 seconds!
Also, according to ebay's hit counter it jumped
about 60 hits in that time. Seems some systems get it faster than others.

Ok, perhaps Propagate was a bad way to phrase it. Propagation is only
one aspect. The other factor is the user. Let's say you post your
message at 5:10, and it takes 10 minutes to propagate to my server. I
do a check of new headers at 5:19, missing your post by one minute. I
get the headers, start reading messages, etc. I've missed your post by
one minute.

Keep in mind, a majority of experienced ebayers do their shopping in
the last hour of an auction - that's most likely where your 60 hits
came from.

Evan