Old April 26th 04, 12:39 AM
Brenda Ann Dyer

Default Someone misread...

In another post someone wrote:

Thought you might want to pass this one along,

We like to see what new proposal the FCC has in mind around 80
meters...wireless internet access for rural areas, but not BPL. Wonder
what interference this will cause??? I wasn't aware that all the rural
farmers on "Green Acres" was causing such a demand for high speed
internet access! I guess "Bessie" the cow is tired of dial-up. See
below:

FCC proposes spectrum for rural broadband

Network World - April 16, 2004

The U.S. Federal Communications Commission Thursday kicked off a
process that may open up more radio frequency spectrum for high-speed
wireless services in rural parts of the country.

The FCC proposed allowing unlicensed devices to operate in some or all
of a frequency band between 3650 MHz and 3700 MHz, while also seeking
comment on licensed use of the band or segmentation of the band for
both types of use, according to an FCC statement.

They needed to read a bit more carefully.. this is not 80m. It's just below
the 3.7-4.2 GHz C Band satellite frequencies.

--
Illigitimus non-tatum carborundum
(Don't let the *******s wear you down.)

Old April 26th 04, 01:09 AM
Nitespark

Brenda Ann Dyer wrote:

[...]

Actually, all they need do is move the decimal point to the left 3
spaces. That would put it in the .080 meter band.
--
One lawyer can steal more than a hundred men with guns.