Old June 14th 04, 03:24 AM
Brian Hill

Default F.S. Hallicrafters SX-11 Circa 1936

Hi all. I have a very nice SX-11 for sale. I just aquired two of these and I
need to get rid of one. Its almost complete but will need the small anti
backlash gear. The one on it has a striped tooth but works ok. It just won't
last. This is a very common type and easy to get. I've done all the
cosmetics i.e. The hard stuff!- refinished front panel, chassis cleaned
etc.. and replaced the caps. It will probably need a minor tune up here and
there. I've just done enough to determine that its not a basket case and I
hate selling junk. Two of the knobs have the pointers missing which is
common on these because they're clear plastic and they get brittle. Two
little holes were driled at the 0 and 100 mark on the dial? but its a clean
unpitted dial and still looks nice. The cabinet finish is excellent for its
age with minor scratches. It has the bottom chasis plate but will need
rubber feet. The original speaker terminals are gone and I made some but
originals are common standard screw type and easy to find. Any other
question just email me. I think whoever gets this will be very happy. It is
a very above average set. $400 or best offer + S.H.

P.S. The front panel support rails don't show in the pics but they are on it
now.

PICS:
http://webpages.charter.net/brianehill/111.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/brianehill/112.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/brianehill/113.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/brianehill/114.jpg

73 and good DXing.
Brian
A lot of radios and 100' of rusty wire!
Zumbrota, Southern MN
Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianehill/

F.S. Hallicrafters SX-11 Circa 1936 Brian Hill Boatanchors 1 June 14th 04 03:30 AM
FS: Hallicrafters, Lafayette, Dentron, Heathkit and More Dave Hollander Boatanchors 0 June 1st 04 04:46 AM
Hallicrafters for sale JONWEINER Swap 0 November 28th 03 07:22 PM
Hallicrafters for sale JONWEINER Boatanchors 0 November 28th 03 07:21 PM
FS Hallicrafters SX-28 radio, 2 Cases and a large Hallicrafters Speaker Who Swap 1 October 10th 03 07:53 PM