Old October 30th 04, 02:50 PM
Jim - KK1W

Default HCRA Auction, Friday 11/5, Feeding Hills, MA

Less than a week to go until the auction. I hope you have all your stuff
ready to go -its going to be a busy evening. Here's the info:

HCRA Auction
November 5th, 2004
Feeding Hills Congregational Church
21 North Westfield St.
Feeding Hills, MA 01030 (just behind Dunkin Donuts)

This is well attended event, we usually get over one hundred buyers/sellers
every year.
The club charges a 10% commission on the sale (up to $100). This way you're
not penalized for expensive items.

Admission is free!

Again this year HCRA has had substantial donations of gear including an
SB200 amplifier and spare tubes. These donations plus the usual great
turnout of local sellers means another fantastic evening of bargains!

The rules are simple:

1. Amateur radio or computer related equipment only.
2. Mark your stuff with your name, call (if you have one) and a minimum
bid.
3. Please combine lots of little junk into larger lots (or the auctioneers
will do it for you).
4. If it doesn't sell - you take it home. (HCRA is not a disposal center)

HCRA is offering a great raffle prize this year. For a $1 raffle ticket you
could go home with an Icom IC-703 HF QRP Radio! Since admission is free you
should have a few bucks in your pocket for raffle tickets!

Also this year will be a memorial collection for WB1Z, one of our past
auctioneers. Jim became a silent key this year after a battle with cancer.
The memorial collection will be matched by the club and donated in his name
to the ARRL Foundation. Please be as generous as you can for this worthwhile
cause.

Additional information and a map with driving directions can be found on our
web site at: http://www.hcra.org or by calling Jim, KK1W at 413-245-3228.

Thanks for reading and I hope to see you at the auction on November 5th.

Jim, KK1W