Old November 9th 04, 05:08 PM
John Brockmann/WD9IWC

Default Mobile mounting the TM-G707A

I am curious as to how owners of this radio mount them in their autos.
Is a remote mount a good idea? Does anyone actually leave the radio in
the car and just remove the faceplate? It gets COLD here in the
midwest and I wonder if leaving anything in the car is a good idea.
What do the owners of this rig think/do? Thanks,WD9IWC
Old November 19th 04, 03:33 AM
Ed

I am curious as to how owners of this radio mount them in their autos.
Is a remote mount a good idea? Does anyone actually leave the radio in
the car and just remove the faceplate? It gets COLD here in the
midwest and I wonder if leaving anything in the car is a good idea.
What do the owners of this rig think/do? Thanks,WD9IWC

Personally, I believe in the less complexity, the less likely in
failure. I have three TM-G707s. Two are remoted, and one is without
the remote option. They live full time in the vehicles. All work well
down to a bit below freezing, but I can't say how they would work in sub
zero temps.

If you have room for the radio with head in your vehicle, I see
little reason to install the control head remotely. ( bare in mind the
microphone must plug into the radio, not the head, unless you buy that
extension option too.)

Ed K7AAT