Old December 3rd 04, 01:50 PM
Jose V. Gavila

Default NEED Yaesu FT-736R parts

Hello!

As a gift for Christmas (yes, a bit early one, I know :-)! ) I have got
a Yaesu FT-736R which, sadly, has seen better days.

Good thing is that it came loaded with some extras, as the FVS-1 voice
unit and FTS-8 CTCSS unit (which lately is selling at about US$150 at
eBay). It has also the 1.2GHz module fitted. And internal power supply,
after some work on it (usual cracked solder joints), is also working.

Bad thing is that it has scratches all around the front panel and one
digit of the display is gone. I have checked circuit and culprit is a
large SMD circuit which manages, among other things, the VFD display. As
most of these units, it is a time multiplexed display. What is faulty is
the enable signal in the bad digit. I have checked it and, if I connect
that digit to any other enable line from other digit, it works fine.

So I am looking for a front panel and also a DISPLAY UNIT PCB. A set of
knobs would be also interesting. I would take a complete FT-736R if
necessary.

Please, let me know if you can help.

Best regards,

JOSE

PS: I have thought of doing a little hack in the display circuit,
generating the missing signal using the previous digit enable as a
trigger. This signal is a 1 ms width pulse, which is -32V iddle and +5V
when active... any hint welcomed!

a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
Trade Icom 746Pro for Yaesu 736R Renee Swap 0 June 20th 04 11:19 AM
Trade Icom 746Pro for Yaesu 736R Renee Equipment 0 June 20th 04 11:18 AM
Trade Icom 746Pro for Yaesu 736R Renee Equipment 0 June 20th 04 11:18 AM
Trade: Icom 746Pro for Yaesu 736R Renee Equipment 0 June 20th 04 06:19 AM