RadioBanter

-   -   Ebay'er radio-mart Using "Fake" Photo's? (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/63389-ebayer-radio-mart-using-%22fake%22-photos.html)

patgkz February 2nd 05 02:19 PM

Ebay'er radio-mart Using "Fake" Photo's?

Found this interesting negative feedback response from an unsatisfied
customer of ebay'er radio-mart:

" Look at his feedback Not the first to complain! My fault for trusting fake
photo ...."

In the meantime, I was looking at a nice Yeasu FRG-7700 being sold by
radio-mart on ebay.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I noticed that the description of the 7700 has many links depicting close-up
photo's of the s-meter, rear panel, etc. Clicking on those links reveals
that the source of the pictures are from Universal Radio......they are not
pictures of the receiver that radio-mart is selling.

Just a heads up for those interested in bidding on merchandise from
radio-mart....things may not be as they seem.

BTW, I declined to bid on the radio.

PowerHouse Communications February 2nd 05 06:20 PM

Not that I really know anything about this company, nor have I ever bought
from them, I did notice one other suspicious act from them... The majority
of all recent auctions are labeled as "PRIVATE". By doing this, anyone
scanning through his feedback can't see the actual auction the feedback was
left for. A good way to cover up your tracks and prevent potential buyers
from checking out past auctions that get negative feedback...

JOE February 3rd 05 10:56 PM

"PowerHouse Communications" wrote in message
A good way to cover up your tracks and prevent potential buyers
from checking out past auctions that get negative feedback...

Also a nice way to hide the fact you bid on your own stuff! Radio
Mart gets high prices because his tapeworm (Gotthaveit1995) bids
the price up and up as a shill bidder.

DeWayne February 4th 05 02:13 AM

"JOE" Joe wrote in message
news:1107471672.51c583f462125c27cc784db0be84d8ba@m eganetnews2...

"PowerHouse Communications" wrote in message
A good way to cover up your tracks and prevent potential buyers
from checking out past auctions that get negative feedback...

Also a nice way to hide the fact you bid on your own stuff! Radio
Mart gets high prices because his tapeworm (Gotthaveit1995) bids
the price up and up as a shill bidder.

Last year I had the high bid on a Drake R8A up until the last minute when
gottahaveit1995 shot me out of the saddle. Too bad I didn't know then about
his Radio-Mart connection as I don't remember who the seller was.

DeWayne K9KZ

DeWayne February 4th 05 06:56 PM

"DeWayne" wrote in message

"JOE" Joe wrote in message
news:1107471672.51c583f462125c27cc784db0be84d8ba@m eganetnews2...

"PowerHouse Communications" wrote in message
A good way to cover up your tracks and prevent potential buyers
from checking out past auctions that get negative feedback...

Also a nice way to hide the fact you bid on your own stuff! Radio
Mart gets high prices because his tapeworm (Gotthaveit1995) bids
the price up and up as a shill bidder.

Last year I had the high bid on a Drake R8A up until the last minute when
gottahaveit1995 shot me out of the saddle. Too bad I didn't know then
about his Radio-Mart connection as I don't remember who the seller was.

DeWayne K9KZ

I should have mentioned also, the price was at $495 when I lost it which is
very low as it had the VHF converter.

Michael Coslo February 4th 05 08:16 PM

DeWayne wrote:
"DeWayne" wrote in message

"JOE" Joe wrote in message
news:1107471672.51c583f462125c27cc784db0be84d8ba @meganetnews2...

"PowerHouse Communications" wrote in message

A good way to cover up your tracks and prevent potential buyers
from checking out past auctions that get negative feedback...

Also a nice way to hide the fact you bid on your own stuff! Radio
Mart gets high prices because his tapeworm (Gotthaveit1995) bids
the price up and up as a shill bidder.

Last year I had the high bid on a Drake R8A up until the last minute when
gottahaveit1995 shot me out of the saddle. Too bad I didn't know then
about his Radio-Mart connection as I don't remember who the seller was.

DeWayne K9KZ

I should have mentioned also, the price was at $495 when I lost it which is
very low as it had the VHF converter.

Crooks on Ebay? Whoda thunk it?

- Mike KB3EIa -

N4LQ February 5th 05 03:31 PM

Amazing. And look at his statemet he
we only picture the "Actual" items listed. No trick photography, just
excellent equipment offered!!

--
Steve N4LQ

AA February 5th 05 10:39 PM

radio-mart on ebay....

Is this the Martyn guy? Running a W4/UK licence? He's got an ad running on
QTH.com. Listed as:

G4AGV
Martin Alison
Sadieville, Kentucky,