Old February 2nd 05, 02:19 PM
patgkz

Default Ebay'er radio-mart Using "Fake" Photo's?

Found this interesting negative feedback response from an unsatisfied
customer of ebay'er radio-mart:

" Look at his feedback Not the first to complain! My fault for trusting fake
photo ...."

In the meantime, I was looking at a nice Yeasu FRG-7700 being sold by
radio-mart on ebay.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I noticed that the description of the 7700 has many links depicting close-up
photo's of the s-meter, rear panel, etc. Clicking on those links reveals
that the source of the pictures are from Universal Radio......they are not
pictures of the receiver that radio-mart is selling.

Just a heads up for those interested in bidding on merchandise from
radio-mart....things may not be as they seem.

BTW, I declined to bid on the radio.

Old February 2nd 05, 06:20 PM
PowerHouse Communications

Not that I really know anything about this company, nor have I ever bought
from them, I did notice one other suspicious act from them... The majority
of all recent auctions are labeled as "PRIVATE". By doing this, anyone
scanning through his feedback can't see the actual auction the feedback was
left for. A good way to cover up your tracks and prevent potential buyers
from checking out past auctions that get negative feedback...

news

Old February 3rd 05, 10:56 PM
JOE

"PowerHouse Communications" wrote in message
A good way to cover up your tracks and prevent potential buyers
from checking out past auctions that get negative feedback...

Also a nice way to hide the fact you bid on your own stuff! Radio
Mart gets high prices because his tapeworm (Gotthaveit1995) bids
the price up and up as a shill bidder.

Old February 5th 05, 03:31 PM
N4LQ

Amazing. And look at his statemet he
we only picture the "Actual" items listed. No trick photography, just
excellent equipment offered!!

--
Steve N4LQ
news

Old February 5th 05, 10:39 PM
AA

radio-mart on ebay....

Is this the Martyn guy? Running a W4/UK licence? He's got an ad running on
QTH.com. Listed as:

G4AGV
Martin Alison
Sadieville, Kentucky,
USA

Old February 7th 05, 10:30 AM
B.R. Smith

Many people on Ebay do this. If not they use blurry, far away, or
dark photos to hide the true condition of the equipment.