Old February 21st 05, 07:26 PM
Nick Marsh

Default FS--Drake R8B with MS-8 and VHF converter

Hello SWL'ers

Selling my R8B with VHF converter and MS-8 speaker. All equipment looks
very good, operates even better. Cosmetically 9.5 out of 10 and
operationally 10 out of 10. I have the original R8B manual and copy of
VHF converter info, no original drake box. Selling to supplement my
digital photography hobby. Questions direct to .

New price from Universal Radio is $1817 for this combo. I will ship it
to your door in the continental U.S. for $1175 which includes
professional packing and insured shipping. Will only consider trades for
Nikon D70 body in same condition or Nikon digital camera accessories to
reach the value of this equipment.

Goes to ebay on 2/26 if no one responds here. 73 and thanks for reading.

Nick
WB4SQI

Old February 22nd 05, 01:40 PM
barry_wy

How old? First two digits of s/n? Who installed the VHF converter?

Old February 22nd 05, 08:53 PM
Nick Marsh

SN begins with 8I, and I installed the VHF converter.

Please reply direct.

Nick
WB4SQI

Old February 24th 05, 09:42 PM
Nick Marsh

Hmmm, $1000 huh? Sold on epay within 4 hours of listing for $1250.....

Glad I didn't take your advice.

Nick

Old February 24th 05, 10:21 PM

some buyers DON'T know how to shop. there were several times I could
have bought an R-8B for $800 and the VHF converter and MS-8 are a waste
of money.

I stand by my opinion

Old February 24th 05, 11:01 PM
Dave Stadt

wrote in message
oups.com...
some buyers DON'T know how to shop. there were several times I could
have bought an R-8B for $800 and the VHF converter and MS-8 are a waste
of money.

I stand by my opinion

You know what they say about opinions.

Old February 24th 05, 11:56 PM

you mean everyone has one and they stink ?